Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

.303 Packet 1916

Article about: G'day All I was going trough my magazine drawers the other day and found this one underneath my mags!!! totally forgot I had this! I guess it's Aust? not bad for being 98 years old

Default .303 Packet 1916

G'day All

I was going trough my magazine drawers the other day and found this one underneath my mags!!! totally forgot I had this!
    I guess it's Aust? not bad for being 98 years old

That's pretty cool mate!.....

AIF
    ?

Nice one Rene! I think it might be Australian mate

4md
    ?

yep they are Aussie, heres some 1916 mk vi I picked up recently. CAC is colonial ammunition company, they had a factory in Footscray and in new Zealand as well. The packet you have looks like the outer covering to the box I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture .303 Packet 1916  

Rare item! I think it was the outer wrapping for 10 rounds of ball ammunition and would have been kept closed with a thin string.

Cheers Guys

Quote by 4md View Post
    yep they are Aussie, heres some 1916 mk vi I picked up recently. CAC is colonial ammunition company, they had a factory in Footscray and in new Zealand as well. The packet you have looks like the outer covering to the box I have.
    Hi 4md,
    Your carton would have held 20 rounds in 4 chargers originally. It was sealed with a length of black tape wrapped around the top and bottom with a label on the lid of the carton. unless the tape was removed carefully the label usually disappears......
    Cheers
    Gary

made it to 100 years