Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

44th Battalion Brodie helmet

Article about: I recently bought this 44th battalion brodie.(thanks to my buddy Craig B.) Not exactly in pristine condition but I kinda like the beat up, been there look to it. Anyway, the 44th was headqua

?

Default 44th Battalion Brodie helmet

I recently bought this 44th battalion brodie.(thanks to my buddy Craig B.) Not exactly in pristine condition but I kinda like the beat up, been there look to it. Anyway, the 44th was headquartered in Winnipeg, my home town so I am quite glad to have it. There has been some speculation that the white border around the battalion insignia signfied a chaplain. I've seen a number of others just like this one and I'm inclined to believe that the border does not identify a chaplain and may be just the soldiers preference.
    Can't make out the maker, could be FS 10 but not clear, some rust and missing rim and chinstrap..........all ok in my books. hope you guys like it. cheers.

44th Battalion Brodie helmet44th Battalion Brodie helmet44th Battalion Brodie helmet44th Battalion Brodie helmet44th Battalion Brodie helmet

Coincidence, just asked if you had any 44th batt lids in a PM, before seeing this post! A nice lid, I like them when they're this salty but still complete. Love the white borders often seen on these. Congrats

Did you ever determine if this is a Chaplains helmet?

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

?

Default 44th battalion brodie

Hi Marty,
    I don't think the helmet can be attributed to a chaplain. I seem to recall that someone a while ago had suggested the lighter border around the battalion patch signified a chaplain. The border simply makes the green patch more distinctive on a green helmet. I've seen other 44th brodies with the same border. I recently acquired this one which is in much better shape.
    Thanks for your interest, Cheers.44th Battalion Brodie helmet
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 44th Battalion Brodie helmet  

Nice display. Keep those moth balls nearby .

Very nice helmets and thank you for the information.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td