Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

4th Cheshires belt buckle

Article about: hiya new to the sight just looking for some info we have come across an old belt buckle with the inscription THE 4TH CHESHIRE VOLUNTEER COMPANY it was in with my late father in laws things j

alana
    ?

Default 4th Cheshires belt buckle

hiya new to the sight just looking for some info we have come across an old belt buckle with the inscription THE 4TH CHESHIRE VOLUNTEER COMPANY it was in with my late father in laws things just wondering can anyone give me any info on it x

Default Re: 4th Cheshires belt buckle

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

This item sounds like it will date from the Boer War era or before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: 4th Cheshires belt buckle

Quote by alana View Post
    hiya new to the sight just looking for some info we have come across an old belt buckle with the inscription THE 4TH CHESHIRE VOLUNTEER COMPANY it was in with my late father in laws things just wondering can anyone give me any info on it x
    Do you mean a buckle like this?

4th Cheshires belt buckle

If so, these come up on ebay and other places all the time, sometimes as belts, sometimes as just buckles. I don't know what they are, or who they were made for, but I don't think they are military. I have a feeling they might be for a brass band or something like that.

Rob