Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

American Emblem Purple Heart # 51387, Cpl. Norman K. Clapp 4th. Div. Co. B, 39th Inf. WWI

Article about: I wish I still had this one, as I was in the 4th. Infantry Div.

Arrow American Emblem Purple Heart # 51387, Cpl. Norman K. Clapp 4th. Div. Co. B, 39th Inf. WWI

I wish I still had this one, as I was in the 4th. Infantry Div.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Emblem Purple Heart # 51387, Cpl. Norman K. Clapp 4th. Div. Co. B, 39th Inf. WWI  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: American Emblem Purple Heart # 51387, Cpl. Norman K. Clapp 4th. Div. Co. B, 39th Inf. WWI

Hand engraving (as was the standard for all PH's for WWI wounds.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture American Emblem Purple Heart # 51387, Cpl. Norman K. Clapp 4th. Div. Co. B, 39th Inf. WWI  
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Default Re: American Emblem Purple Heart # 51387, Cpl. Norman K. Clapp 4th. Div. Co. B, 39th Inf. WWI

The American Emblem Co. had the distinction of heavily impressed numbers, and very dark, thick enamel compared to BB&B (very light color translucent enamel). In my opinion, their product was the most all around well crafted PH of the time period.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Steven M View Post
    I wish I still had this one, as I was in the 4th. Infantry Div.

Steve,
    I believe your right about the comparison between this and the BB&B PH. This is one beautiful award. The US had some class back in those days in the production of awards and insignia. Not like the junk they are putting out today.

Very nice medal.

Terry

?

Steve that PH was very nice to bad you still dont have it. Gary

?

i agree , you can see the quality , it looks great and i can see why you miss it ,
    cheers Al

Thanks all for the replies. In the hand, this manufacture's version is almost twice the thickness of the BB&B - and very heavy.

At one time, I had over 20 very rare PH awards for WWI and WWII, some I miss very much. Around the time my wife had brain surgery, things got tight monetarily ....so, need I say more?

Although I hold all decorations in high regard, the Purple Heart is the most special to me as it is the only decoration awarded that requires the shedding of blood for eligibility...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Steven , i hope your wife came through the op ok ! You can alway`s build another collection !
    Al

Quote by Alan M View Post
    Steven , i hope your wife came through the op ok ! You can alway`s build another collection !
    Al
    Hi Al,

She has, and thank you. Her 18 hour brain surgery was the scariest experience of her and my life. However, the good Lord brought her through and two years later, she is 100% now with all prior afflictions gone.

Your are right, and that is something I have learned well during that time. Going through something like that REALLY puts things in perspective and will definitely make you realize the order of priority in your life.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

That`s very nice to know Steven , and i would just like to wish you , your wife and family , a very happy festive holiday
    Al