Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Angels of Mons

Article about: Does anyone have any period postcards illustrating "The Angels of Mons" or any related items regarding Angelic intercession on battlefields throughout history?

Oh ok. You edited it. I was thinking how the file grew larger from 3 to 15 minutes lol
    Great, no problem. Better this way.

So here is the translation of the part were the veteran is giving his testimony. His name is Nikolas Gantziaros and his rank was that of a warrant officer.

Veteran: As I was walking I suddenly saw in front of me a woman. I was thinking "who is this woman"?
    "Do not be afraid my child" She said. "I am the Virgin Mary".

Commentator: Shocked/upset the young warrant officer returned to the Battalion. The commander of the battalion , Alexandros Chrisohoou asked the warrant to write an authoritative report. This report has been registered as a historical document in the book of General Katsimitros issued by the General Staff of the Greek Army.

Veteran reading an excerpt from the aforementioned book: "My legs and lips were trembling for a long time. I heard a voice telling me don't be afraid my child because under My protection, the Greek Army shall prevail".

Commentator: These predictions of Our Lady were verified as Mussolini 's troops were forced to retreat. In one of the next few days the Virgin Mary, the guardian angel, was the one who saved the warrant officer and his platoon from certain death.

Veteran: She said to us, "I am the Virgin Mary, do not do it." The veteran is explaining the situation: He says in front of them was a field which he and his platoon were about to pass through. Around the field there was newly built masonry and the Italians had already spotted the area. "Go left", She told them, and all of them turned in that direction thus they escaped from the danger and were saved.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thank you for the translation

It is a fascinating story. I wonder how many similar stories went unreported because who would believe them?
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

Quote by 4thskorpion View Post
    It seems the Holy Mother is as important a figure to Greeks as she is to Poles
    Yes indeed. She is a huge figure in our religion. All saints are having one or two designated feast days through out the year. But we celebrate more than 10 designated feast days every year of the Holy Mother.

By the way while watching the "related" videos in youtube i found the complete report of the above veteran.
    It has much more details and i will do a translation (hopefully) tomorrow. She even explained to him why God permitted this war to happen against Greece.
    If it's not a trouble please take the time to edit the link as for the video to be viewed directly here.

ΕÎ*ΟΣ 1940-41: ΕΜΦΑΝΙΣΗ Î*ΑΝΑΓΙΑΣ (7/8) - YouTube

I am skeptical of the entire affair, sorry...as every nation wants to believe that God is on their side, and this story simply feeds into that premise, in my opinion...Obviously great propaganda was made out of this rumor about the Angels fighting off the Godless Hun...I've never heard of German reports about this supposed encounter...But it makes interesting reading!
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by bigmacglenn1966 View Post
    I am skeptical of the entire affair, sorry...as every nation wants to believe that God is on their side, and this story simply feeds into that premise, in my opinion...
    Reminds me of on an old ancedote (joke?) about a British soldier asking a German POW (or was it vice versa) what the "GOTT MIT UNS" ["GOD WITH US"] on his belt buckle meant. Hearing the explanation, he replied "No; he's on our side, you know!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4