Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Any information on this postcard

Article about: Any information on this postcard I just purchased this postcard for around £3, it was listed as a 1st world war postcard however I some how doubt this due to its condition and full colour il

Default Any information on this postcard

Any information on this postcard
    I just purchased this postcard for around £3, it was listed as a 1st world war postcard however I some how doubt this due to its condition and full colour illustration. Apparently says "Dear Harriet will be seeing you soon will arrive around 11.30 all my love Paddy". I've seen a few similar to this before but I know little about them. I'm slightly curious if anybody could identify the authenticity of it or even just some information on the piece.

Please excuse it being a screen shot as I won it on eBay about 5 mutinies ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any information on this postcard  

Default Re: Any information on this postcard

Looks original from what I can see so far.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Original and lots of these about, with different lyrics. Here's one I have.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Any information on this postcard  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yes, typical original Bamforth songcard. I really like these cards, they are inexpensive, interesting and colourful. Bamforth produced their song cards (with civilian themes) in black and white up until about 1914 when they went over to colour. Its not uncommon to find them in very good condition and I don't know of any reprints.

Looks good to me, there were about 5 or 6 of these in my late mother in laws postcard collection.