Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

The Army Field Note Book

Article about: I have had this note book for quite some time but have never been able to find any information on it. Came across it the other day and thought I would ask all of you. Any help you can give w

Default The Army Field Note Book

I have had this note book for quite some time but have never been able to find any information on it. Came across it the other day and thought I would ask all of you. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated. I can post many more pictures than what I have already. It has many maps and information in it.

I do not know why these pictures are rotated. They are correct in my camera.

Thanks,

William

The Army Field Note BookThe Army Field Note BookThe Army Field Note BookThe Army Field Note Book

MAP
    ?

I would hazard a guess that this is not military issue but a private purchase piece.

Some references to this notebook in these links of contents of personal possessions (search by Smalley) and also a link with one that was sold at auction.

http://pdf.oac.cdlib.org/pdf/usc/spc...41flournoy.pdf

http://www.lib.lsu.edu/sites/default...ndaid/1939.pdf

https://www.ebth.com/items/3758161-1...field-notebook
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

If you have a name, these little "civilian" type books are great. These were owned by Captain ( Later Brigadier ) H. L. Martins, RAEME.

Brigadier H.L.C. Martins, OBE was the Director of Electrical and Mechanical Engineering (DEME) from 8 Jan 67 to 29 Dec 69 when Army Headquarters was located at Albert Park Barracks in Melbourne. Having completed an apprenticeship as fitter and turner with the SA Railways, he worked as a design draftsman with BHP
    before joining the Permanent Military Forces in 1938. He was allocated to the Australian Army Ordnance Corps and, on 8 Aug 42, was transferred to the newly formed Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineers. Brigadier Martins was made an Officer of the Order of the British Empire (OBE) on 10 Jun 54, for services as the Commanding Officer of the British and Commonwealth Advanced Base Workshop in Korea. Brigadier Martins retired from the Army in 1969 & died 17 July 1989.

Sorry to hijack your thread.....
    Cheers, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Army Field Note Book   The Army Field Note Book  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks for the information guys, greatly appreciated.

William