Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Aussie pouch 1910 date

Article about: Cheers All I guess this one may remain a mystery, because it's dated I still believe it's govt issue of some sort.

Default Aussie pouch 1910 date

G'day all

I have no reference on this one I bought today from the Rosebud flea market,
    I'm asking-What type of cartridge did this contain?
    Last edited by reneblacky; 03-03-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: added text

?

Default Re: Aussie pouch 1910 date

Flares? Shot gun shells maybe

?

looks like it would have contained flares.

Cheers guys, not sure if it would have held flares because of the loop width, flares are a larger caliber, and too narrow for a 12 gauge cartridge & the height is too low for a 10 gauge cartridge + shot guns at that period in time where frowned upon in the army from what I've read.
    Big shot in the dark- maybe a very,very,very late mfg pouch for Snider rounds?

Hi Rene

Snider rounds are .57? Pouch holders would be too big for that, maybe? I was also thinking shotgun, but just guessing unfortunately. And making small talk Hope you are well.

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

It looks like a hunting pouch to me, an I think it was for shotshells. It you look at pic #6, you can see green in the leather where the head of the shell was resting against against, but the wear where the case itself was resting, there's no green at all, as a shotshell would do. I looked in my cartridges of the world book, and it lists an odd 12/14 ga. Martini shotgun for police. The pic is in B&W, but it looks like a paper cartridge with a brass case head.

Aussie pouch 1910 date

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    It looks like a hunting pouch to me, an I think it was for shotshells. It you look at pic #6, you can see green in the leather where the head of the shell was resting against against, but the wear where the case itself was resting, there's no green at all, as a shotshell would do. I looked in my cartridges of the world book, and it lists an odd 12/14 ga. Martini shotgun for police. The pic is in B&W, but it looks like a paper cartridge with a brass case head.

Aussie pouch 1910 date
    Thank You Paul
    You could be on the mark there with the cartridge

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Hi Rene

Snider rounds are .57? Pouch holders would be too big for that, maybe? I was also thinking shotgun, but just guessing unfortunately. And making small talk Hope you are well.

Mark
    Hey Mark
    all good Mate

I went off this pic - Snider rnd left in shot

Might have been holding some .577/450 Martini-Henry rounds.
    Morris

Bulldog revolver rounds ??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast