Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belgian medal. A prime example of why you should know your stuff.

Article about: I was at my usual hunting ground of Earlestown market last Saturday, and I spotted a rather unusual boxed Belgian medal on one of the stalls. It was priced at £12. Unsure of what it was - I

Default Belgian medal. A prime example of why you should know your stuff.

I was at my usual hunting ground of Earlestown market last Saturday, and I spotted a rather unusual boxed Belgian medal on one of the stalls. It was priced at £12. Unsure of what it was - I asked the seller. Straight away he told me it was a WW1 Belgian war medal. I must confess that my knowledge of Belgian medals is rather poor - well actually it's worst than that... After a bit of haggling I got him down to £8 and went off with my new find.

After getting home, and a quick check on the computer, I soon found out that my 'WW1' medal was actually a 30 year labour award given to workers! A lesson learned...

Belgian medal. A prime example of why you should know your stuff.Belgian medal. A prime example of why you should know your stuff.Belgian medal. A prime example of why you should know your stuff.Belgian medal. A prime example of why you should know your stuff.

?

Good looking medal.

Hi Harry, they are nice looking medal, and boxed, you did ok...its a Belgian labour long service medal originally a Industrial and Agricultural Decoration. The Labour Decoration is awarded to those who use their knowledge, talent and dedication in the pursuit of their work for a specified time. It is awarded by the Belgian Ministry of Employment and Labour, well worth 12 quid..nice..

Quote by SteveR View Post
    Good looking medal.
    There's currently one on ebay being sold by a US dealer. They claim it is an 'officers' WW1 medal and want around £72 for it. I did send them a message to but them right, but...

Well, it is one good looking medal and as the others have said, well worth the £'s you spend on it.

A happy accident perhaps?

I also have one from my grandfather.

I have 1 too. not war