Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Brodie shell

Article about: Could someone give me the price range for a rimmed Brodie shell , I'll try to get some photos . Some rusting and only the top pad of the liner is left , no strap . Just like to have some ide

CBH
    ?

Default Brodie shell

Could someone give me the price range for a rimmed Brodie shell , I'll try to get some photos . Some rusting and only the top pad of the liner is left , no strap . Just like to have some idea on price range . Thanks

anywhere from about £30-50 and up, depends if it has original paint still on it, a badge/painted flash etc.....
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

Thanks Jerry , Just wanted to get an idea . If I get it I'll post it . Thanks for your Time !

?

There's a good chance it'll be cheaper in the US depending on the cost of shipping to Canada. I saw one sell the other day on UK ebay for more than 100 GBP (I was going to bid 50 GBP on it) but the strap and the white material under the padding were there with an average finish to the shell for its age.

Tony

CBH
    ?

I found it locally , but wanted a price range before I bought it . If it's still there I will pick it up . You don't see many WWI helmets around here , so I hope it's still there . Thanks for the replies .

CBH
    ?

Thank you all for the help , I managed to pick it up for 20$ Canadian . She in rough shape but for around 100 not really too bad , some green paint left and faint decal on the front , some liner remains and the rim is almost gone making it look almost like a rimless . It's only my second WWI helmet , so I was happy to find it in any condition, thanks again.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Brodie shell   Brodie shell  

Brodie shell   Brodie shell  

?

I bought one for about the same price a year or so ago but a bit worse for wear than yours. If you can clean it up a so that what's left of the paint and insignia are easily visible then I reckon you'll have a nice relic.

Tony

Looks very good for 20 bucks. Making it so it does not get any worse is the next question.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

CBH
    ?

Thanks Guys , how would you suggest I clean , or stabilize it ? I don't have many relics in this delicate condition , and I wouldn't want to hurt the remaining paint .

?

There were a couple of suggestions in the German relic helmet forum. I had a go myself with a German helmet but it didn't amount to much as I left it in the bucket too long so making the decision whether to give it a go or not depends on how good/bad it looks at the moment as well as possibly ruining what's left of the chinstrap. https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/relic...-helmet-forum/

Check out the threads by LeonardoL and justino2263 for some ideas. In the thread I started LeonardoL explains where I went wrong.

I wonder if giving it a wipe with a drop of oil might help before trying anything drastic?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast