Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad

Article about: Can anyone date the crown above the photo I have been wondering about it for ages. There is a reflection because I have got a frame for it.

Default Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad

Hi all This is my great Grandad Sapper Thomas Garner who served with the royal engineers when he volunteered in 1915 he was at the Somme, Monnes and Ypres or so i have been told, his service number is 107662 and i trying to find out what battalion and or Regiment he was in.

And I Have The Original of this picture at home with his service number under the photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad  
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-12-2014 at 07:54 AM.

anyone? and if this helps his previous job was a Plumber (his own business)

You are in luck - his service record is on Ancestry.

A few bits of info - I will try and post some images later after work.

Attested 27 November 1915. Aged 24 years 8 months.
    In hospital with scabies 25 July 1916 to 14 August 1916.
    Embarked for France 21 March 1917.
    29 April 1917 joined 225 Field Company RE.
    Wounded 15 October 1917.
    22 December 1917 joined 155 Field Company RE.
    Left the Army 16 February 1919.
    Received Victory Medal and British War Medal.

Address 39 Parliament Street Derby. Wife Mary. 2 children Thomas and Florence.
    Last edited by Richie B; 02-13-2014 at 05:10 PM.

wow Thank you for that info looking forward to seeing the pics and I know about the medals (I Have Them)
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-12-2014 at 05:38 PM.

Do You know he was in the home guard as well and i know about his wife and the two of he 4 children that were around at the time of the great war as he had 2 more children after the war and I already knew when he attested. My Grandma the youngest one of them is the last one of the four left.
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-13-2014 at 07:29 AM.

You got the pics yet? because we only have 2-4 pics of him at home and only the one in his uniform

As promised - more later !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad   Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad  

Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad   Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad  

I and my Mum say thank you (My Mum Asked me if I could post this because it is her grandad)

Part 2

Obviously a bit of a rebel - the Conduct Sheet shows him AWOL for 20 mins. 3 days confined to barracks !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad   Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad  

Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad   Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad  

The last lot

Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast