Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad

Article about: Can anyone date the crown above the photo I have been wondering about it for ages. There is a reflection because I have got a frame for it.

I'll save Richie the trouble as I have some spare time.

Cheers, Tom

Can anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great GrandadCan anyone help me find out a little about my Great Grandad

Where was he wounded in action (i presume the third battle of Ypres) and as he said before he died he was shot in the head by a sniper (but we know he was a joker so might not be right)

225 Field Co RE was part of the 39th Division. The date when he was wounded 15 October 1917 was the third day of the First Battle of Passchendaele.

But how was he wounded? He Said he was shot in the head by a sniper and he had a scar (to prove it he said) but he was a joker as mentioned my grandma has seen his scar before he died but was what he said true or will we never know?
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 02-13-2014 at 06:57 PM.

If you were so inclined, you could read through the unit's war diary, held at the national archives in Kew. The file reference is WO 95/2576/1. It's highly unlikely to state how your great-grandfather was wounded, but it will certainly tell you what they were up to that day. It might state something like "...2 officers and 23 or's (other ranks) wounded", or something along those lines.

Cheers, Tom

Thanks For all your help guys and for all the pics of his papers and stuff I did know about some and some of them as my Mum has them on her computer but quite a few I have never seen (my Mum is going to get them and add them to her archive of Thomas Garner .

ok so I have found out he was wound by a bomb at pompier camp N14a31 if anyone knows where that is? Thank you in Advance

Matt
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

Anyone Know where Pompier camp is?
    Best Regards Matt

A quick google throws this up:

Pompier Camp Kemmel - Soldiers - Great War Forum

Cheers, Tom

When I read the war diaries I found out that his Granddad and mine (great Granddad) served together on the same day when the bomb was dropped the only difference is his died and mine was wounded that day.
    Best Regards Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast