Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Canada "Vimy" Mapel Leaf Badge, Patriotic?

Article about: Hi all. As I am always on the look out for interesting pin badges, I picked this up. I know nothing about it an I'm unsure whether this badge was made for patriotic reasons or for veterans o

Default Canada "Vimy" Maple Leaf Badge, Patriotic?

Hi all. As I am always on the look out for interesting pin badges, I picked this up. I know nothing about it an I'm unsure whether this badge was made for patriotic reasons or for veterans or something. Perhaps someone has seen one before? Any thoughts would be welcome. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Canada "Vimy" Mapel Leaf Badge, Patriotic?   Canada "Vimy" Mapel Leaf Badge, Patriotic?  

Last edited by Spitace41; 06-27-2015 at 12:17 PM.

CBH
    ?

I believe this is a patriotic pin made to commemorate the opening of the Canadian Vimy War Memorial , in the 1936 . I once owned an example without the colors intact . If you'd be willing to part with this I'd be interested it buying or trading for it . A nice item , that you don't see that often .
    Cheers Chris

?

I agree with CBH, I also believe this was for members of the 2nd Div as "Vimy" is surrounded in Blue, I remember seeing one that had Red in that area, which would be 1st Div

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks for the comments guys. I will be keeping it for the moment, but will let you know if I ever want to part with it. Cheers.

CBH
    ?

It's a nice item , I posted a tread wanting one of these a few months back . The reason I'm looking for one is a friends , step son is traveling to the Vimy memorial , in 2017 with the Canadian Army Cadets for the battles 100th . So you have some time to change your mind . Cheers and thanks for sharing .

?

CBH, you can contact the RCL HQ in Ottawa, the have a "shop" and you can buy those very nice Vimy Caps for about $15, I havea couple and have worn one each time I go there, they also have other items.

Take Care
    Dean O

CBH
    ?

Thanks Dean O , please PM me with a link if possible .
    Cheers Chris

?

PM sent with link to the Cap page, there are many more items for sale, including the new Repro Issue folding "Vimy" lantern, I may order one for myself.

Dean O
    Ajax Ontario

CBH
    ?

I thought I'd give this a bump, being the 100th anniversary. Wish I still had my pin.

Today in Paris, coming back from Lille and Vimy.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/