Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

canadian forestry corps badge? age? information?

Article about: friend bought it in a village in france wondering if anyone can tell me more?

Default canadian forestry corps badge? age? information?

friend bought it in a village in france wondering if anyone can tell me more?

canadian forestry corps badge? age? information?canadian forestry corps badge? age? information?canadian forestry corps badge? age? information?

Default Re: canadian forestry corps badge? age? information?

The Canadian Forestry Corps was started in WW1. They were a group that did lumberjack, sawmill duties, cutting timber for what the military needed. Men saw this as a way to serve without being in direct fire. The ranks of the Forestry Corp were regularly asked to join forward units. Lots of underage candidates used this method of getting into the forward units.

This one pictured is the WW2 version of the Corps, who did basically the same thing, lumberjack, sawmill duties. There are two versions of this cap badge, a metal one, and a bakelite/plastic version. I have heard the non-metal one is the more desireable to collect. Although not a popular collectable cap badge, it's nice to see a piece of Canadian Military make it home from France.

Value? should it be cleaned? if so how?

Unfortunately, this cap badge is common, especially here in Canada. I would think there is more value wrapped up in the fact that it was lost in France, and got back home. I would leave it alone, and not clean it in any way. It's difficult to tell from the pictures, but is it a ground dug relic?

Fair enogh it was dug up he bought it when we were in Caen it cost him 30 euro i believe and it was with all the other things that had been dug up