Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Canadian Officer's boots

Article about: I really like the look of these officer's boots which were part of a larger purchase I recently made. I was told they were worn by a Canadian officer in the Boer war and may have been used w

?

Default Canadian Officer's boots

I really like the look of these officer's boots which were part of a larger purchase I recently made. I was told they were worn by a Canadian officer in the Boer war and may have been used with the CEF in WW1 as well although I'm not 100 % certain. They are in great shape and have a "been there" look about them. I have very little knowledge in this area and would appreciate any comments. Are they cavalry issued, private purchase, etc? I may add spurs to the boots if appropriate. cheers, Keith

Canadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's boots

?

These are the same as a pair I have, Mine are named to a Capt and were used in WW1, however this style was used in the Boar War also, mine still have the original Spurs and lace guards on them, I will add photos later.

Can we see photos of the soles please

Dean O

?

here you go Dean, pictures of the soles......no identifying marks.

Canadian Officer's boots

Nice boots, and in lovely condition!

?

I Think you Boots were "Dress" boots and not Field Boots, as they do not have the "Field" type soles, mine are field boots and you can see the difference in the heavy resoling and Nails to cut down on wear.

Dean O
    Canada

Canadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's bootsCanadian Officer's boots

?

Thanks Dean. Very similar, almost exactly the same style with the exception of the boot nails in the soles. Even the boot forms are the same. Mine have the "spur stoppers" on the upper heel. I like the look of the spurs on yours and think I'll source out some for mine. Thanks for showing, very interesting and helpful. Cheers . Keith