Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

cap badge identification

Article about: hello i was wondering if anyone might know what reigiment this cap badge is to its hard to see it but there is an outline visible. i thought it was a north irish horse badge but when i enlar

?

Default cap badge identification

hello
    i was wondering if anyone might know what reigiment this cap badge is to its hard to see it but there is an outline visible. i thought it was a north irish horse badge but when i enlarged it it didt match.

thanks rory
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture cap badge identification  
    Attached Images Attached Images cap badge identification 

Default Re: cap badge identification

Hi Rory, I was first tempted to say Royal Artillery going by the shape of the scrolls both top and bottom, but the middle part does not seem to fit?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is difficult to see, let me have a look at some of my badges to see if any stand out as similar.. fingers crossed!

Josh

?

hello adrian that was an option but i would think it would be an irish regiment but he could have possibly served in an english regiment. would many irish men served in english regiments?

josh thanks for having a look i have a small collection of irish cap badges but none match either it must be a rare one.

i am having trouble researching him i thought f i had his regiment it would narrow it down a bit for me

cheers rory

Hi Rory,

I've had a look through my cap badges and I can't find one that fits the bill, Royal Artillery was as close as I could get.. I had a play around with the image, I don't know if it will be any help picking out what it might be..

cap badge identification

Best of luck with this.. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help..

Josh

Here is a closer shot of the badge that I have tried to sharpen up a bit..

Hope this helps..

cap badge identification

Josh

?

thanks josh yes like adrian i too thought ra with the scrolls my father is getting someone to research them but i am having a go myself too for fun but its proving a hard task for some reason. even identifying his cap badge is hard haha

i will update any progress.

cheers rory

Quote by rory View Post
    i thought it was a north irish horse badge but when i enlarged it it didt match.
    I don't think he's any kind of horsed soldier due to his legwear. He is wearing trousers and has his puttees wound from his boots up to his knees. Mounted units wore breeches, wound their puttees from knee to boots and also wore spurs.

Rob

?

hello rob cheers for the info, ive been looking for a match to his cap badge and nothing comes close ive even checked canadian cap badges, as i know the one in the middle emigrated to canada and beame a policeman apparently there is a park named after him in brompton but i wouldnt have thought he was in the canadian army for the war.

all that comes close is ra but doest match colud the photo play tricks in any way

cheers rory

It's a really hard one to pin down, it sure looks very Artillery to me, but like Ade said, there's something wrong with the centre part. There were certainly some Canadian variations on the gun badge in WWI, but I'm sure you looked at that already. He's not wearing collar badges, though, which was a feature of most Canadian WWI uniforms. His blank collar looks British Army to me...

I think you're right, it needs some more info. Have you tried looking his name up in the WWI medal rolls or the Canadian Expeditionary Force rolls? If you haven't, I could look it up for you if I have his full name.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast