Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cap Badge Purchases

Article about: Hi Well I said I will post them so here they are. 1st Battalion Warwickshire Regiment Volunteers officers cap badge. Somerset Light Infantry (Prince Albert's) cap badge. A unknown badge. Sli

Default Cap Badge Purchases

Hi

Well I said I will post them so here they are.

1st Battalion Warwickshire Regiment Volunteers officers cap badge.
    Somerset Light Infantry (Prince Albert's) cap badge.
    A unknown badge. Slider marked 'J R Gaunt London'.

Not bad for £15.00 in my opinion!

Thanks

Cameron
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cap Badge Purchases  

Default Re: Cap Badge Purchases

Hi, nice badges! i believe the last one is Pay Corps, but someone may prove me wrong

Just without Fide et Fiducia scrolled underneath

?

Not bad for 15 big ones at all...I would like to help you out on the right hand badge..but being stuck in the middle of the desert with no reference books it's a little hard....But still a little bunch.. Cheers Terry.

Pay corps should have scroll beneath, fide et fiducia. Royal west kent used the crowned lion over a crown as a collar and on their buttons, though if it was that it would not be on a slider.

Can you show the backs Cam? The Warwickshire vol battalion badge if good is worth a lot more than you paid for them all, though that type of badge has been commonly faked.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Pay corps should have scroll beneath, fide et fiducia. Royal west kent used the crowned lion over a crown as a collar and on their buttons, though if it was that it would not be on a slider.

Can you show the backs Cam? The Warwickshire vol battalion badge if good is worth a lot more than you paid for them all, though that type of badge has been commonly faked.
    i see where you're coming from with the royal west kents, but wouldn't a collar tab have lug and split pin rather than slider?

Oops, I can see thats already been mentioned. Sorry.

Hi

Here are the photographs of the backs.

Thanks

Cameron

The unknown one is the Royal 1st Devon Yeomanry, WWI period, though the Staff officers badge is very similar.

thanks for showing the backs Cam,the PA looks fine with a crimp on the slider, but the other two need better pics if you can.
    Regards,

Jerry

Hi

Thanks Jerry. Here are some more detailed images of the backs.

Thanks

Cameron

Hi Cam thanks for posting the better pics. Sorry to say but I am fairly certain the Gaunt.London is a known fake mark. The other is not one I am familiar with and I cannot give an opinion either way on that one. I am busy writing a report, even today, but later this week after it is finished I'll try and do some more research on it if no one else can give you an answer before then.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast