Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Cap Badges and ebay?

Article about: So I've been bit by the british bug, and as I look around I saw cap badges on ebay. So I was wondering how many of these badges are reproductions? Anybody well known in reproductions to look

Default Cap Badges and ebay?

So I've been bit by the british bug, and as I look around I saw cap badges on ebay. So I was wondering how many of these badges are reproductions? Anybody well known in reproductions to look out for? Thank you for any and all help. Kevin

AIF
    ?

Default Re: Cap Badges and ebay?

Hi Kevin, You really have to know your stuff when buying badges from ebay as restrikes of British badges are everywhere these days... Id suggest posting any potential purchases up on the forum as there are some very knowledgable Poms on here who will be more than happy to help you out.

Luke.

Hi Kevin, virtually all British badges can be found as copies. Tread carefully and show any potential purchases here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Even in the hand, these can be very difficult to tell real from restrike or fake.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Wow, thank you guys. I never realized that restrike were that bad with bagdes, no wonder most had 0 bids. But the good news is that this wont stop my interest in militaria. I find it thrilling to hold these pieces of history, I just cant get enough. Thank you again. Kevin

Kevin.

I tend to avoid ebay altogether these days. Were there any British cap badges you were looking for in particular? I may be able to help you out. If you have a list you can PM me or just post it up here on the forum.

Best wishes.