Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Carved British SMLE Stock

Article about: by Cameron Stockton Hi Yeah, it sold for £82.00 plus postage. Cameron Thanks Cam.

Default Re: Carved British SMLE Stock

Quote by Cameron Stockton View Post
    Hi

Yeah, it sold for £82.00 plus postage.

Cameron
    Thanks Cam.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Cam,

You had a lucky escape in not buying it, this seller has had these before. £82 saved.

Mark

Quote by Mark Holden View Post
    Cam,

You had a lucky escape in not buying it, this seller has had these before. £82 saved.

Mark
    Hi

Im afraid I dont quite understand your comment? Are you implying that he fakes them?

Cameron

Hi

Im afraid I dont quite understand your comment? Are you implying that he fakes them?

Cameron
    Who was the seller, can you post a link to the sale? You can check his feedback to see if he has sold these before.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Who was the seller, can you post a link to the sale? You can check his feedback to see if he has sold these before.
    Hi

Here is the link. He has 100% positive feedback.

WW1 BRITISH ARMY SMLE Stock/Butt Marker.Lincolnshire Regt.ORIGINAL. | eBay

Thanks

Cameron

Hi

It appears that all of his sold items are listed as private, so I guess there is no way in telling if he has sold them before?

Thanks

Cameron

Hi Cam, if you had posted this info in the first place I would have agreed with Mark that this seller has a reputation of selling enhanced items. He sold a circa 1930 pith helmet with a WWI date stamp on it to a member here a few months back and is well known for such behavior. It seems that you were probably lucky not to be the winning bidder. I have never purchased items from him as his reputation proceeds him, and not everything he sells is iffy, just enough to be wary of.

I had no idea that such an item would be faked as though I think it is an interesting artefact, it is not something I would buy or want in my house.

100% positive feedback on Ebay does not carry much weight IMHO, though it should.

Hi

Here is the link. He has 100% positive feedback.

WW1 BRITISH ARMY SMLE Stock/Butt Marker.Lincolnshire Regt.ORIGINAL. | eBay

Thanks

Cameron
    Regards,

Jerry

Oh dear it's Nigel Flitter.

The gentleman also runs a collectors forum under the same name 'www.militarytrader.co.uk.' I was a member there for a short while, as were other guys here,(some were banned and rocked up there.) but there was a distinct right wing/ BNP political agenda that was endemic on the forum, so I no longer choose to use it. And the fact that a lot of guys there were taken in by his often highly questionable items that he would offer for sale was not to my liking really.

Do a search on WAF for his name or the handle '18fl' and check out the comments, it's an education. You had a lucky escape young man!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    Oh dear it's Nigel Flitter.

The gentleman also runs a collectors forum under the same name ' http://www.militarytrader.co.uk/forums/'.I was a member there for a short while, as were other guys here,(some were banned and rocked up there.) but there was a distinct right wing/ BNP political agenda that was endemic on the forum, so I no longer choose to use it. And the fact that a lot of guys there were taken in by his often highly questionable items that he would offer for sale was not to my liking really.

Do a search on WAF for his name or the handle '18fl' and check out the comments, it's an education. You had a lucky escape young man!

Regards, Ned.
    I joined his forum after commenting on a questionable Para recon BD that had been on Ebay and very quickly appeared for sale on the WAF Estand. It had been sold by the seller mentioned above and the 2nd seller stated that it had been passed as good on the other forum and he was selling it quickly and cheaply as he had changed his mind about collecting such items, Hmmm! I thought I would join to check it out and to see what sort of credibility it had.

As Ned stated the other forum is very right wing and I remember some very iffy posts on there which made me very uncomfortable and I no longer post there. I commented on a very strange RN bicorn hat with a WWI German shoulder board on the side of it which was claimed to be an original part of it and was dismissed as not knowing what I was talking about if I remember correctly, or at least that was the gist of it. They don't like it is you question their offerings and I suspect if I had pushed matters I would have been banned, which maybe would not be a bad thing, but it seemed better to just walk away, though I have been questioning this sellers items on here and on the WAF whenever they are mentioned.

The BD which started my sojourn on that forum had its original pics removed and only those showing it with the Para recon insignia attached were available for viewing, so Hmmm!

A member of WRF is a moderator on there last time I looked (I just checked).
    Regards,

Jerry

You're quite correct in all your assertations Jerry, and I fully concur with them, it's a bloody racket.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast