Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Church donation great coat and uniform

Article about: Donated items I bought from church yardsale.They smell of mothballs,a good thing.WW1 era,over 100 years old,wool over coat,uniform cotton linen I think.All insignia and buttons intact.

Default Church donation great coat and uniform

Donated items I bought from church yardsale.They smell of mothballs,a good thing.WW1 era,over 100 years old,wool over coat,uniform cotton linen I think.All insignia and buttons intact.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Church donation great coat and uniform   Church donation great coat and uniform  

Church donation great coat and uniform   Church donation great coat and uniform  

The cotton summer jobby is not common, I have one somewhere too. There should be a spec tag on it but I cant remember where!?!

Here's my spec tag

Fantastic finds TC.

Thanks Anderson!Rene thanks for pic ,nice tag in yours,mine is missing tag but has J B initials inside collar.Does yours have the pants?

TWS
    ?

Wow! Another great score TC!
    Yes, very fortunate the family took the effort to mothball them. So many are just stashed away in basements and attics with no protection from insects.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks Anderson!Rene thanks for pic ,nice tag in yours,mine is missing tag but has J B initials inside collar.Does yours have the pants?
    Naa I never had the pants Mate.

Thanks Rene,are your buttons held on by metal rings?all these are on uniform coat ,the pants have no zipper,button up fly.Was hoping to find something in the pockets but nothing,darn it.The buttons on overcoat are sewn on.What branch of military is this uniform ,disk has a large A and crossed rifles.Found some tags and name on overcoat,one faded away others probably lot no.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Church donation great coat and uniform   Church donation great coat and uniform  

Cheers for the extra pics, not sure on what the A is but it still is Infantry. Here mine for ya, I did have to replace the branch on mine!

?

Another fantastic pick up TC!!!
    They look to be in Great condition. I guess the moth ball smell is worth the results.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast