Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Commemorative China ETC....

Article about: by edelweiss123 Fantastic examples. A shop in Chester has some fantastic examples of Boer War pieces, but again, the prices are too high. We're forever hopeful of coming across a piece for t

Default Re: Commemorative China ETC....

Quote by edelweiss123 View Post
    Fantastic examples. A shop in Chester has some fantastic examples of Boer War pieces, but again, the prices are too high. We're forever hopeful of coming across a piece for the right price.
    Always a hope, but less often to get bargains these days, especially for Boer war I would think. All the Dutch and Napoleon plates came from the Flea market in Amsterdam, and were not too pricey.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Always a hope, but less often to get bargains these days, especially for Boer war I would think. All the Dutch and Napoleon plates came from the Flea market in Amsterdam, and were not too pricey.
    I know Still, i'm an optimist and i know the one time i stop looking will be the one time one was there!

I know Still, i'm an optimist and i know the one time i stop looking will be the one time one was there!
    Bargains are still to be found and I had a few only last week, though best not to gloat I think. The cuff rank 1918 RAF eagles I bought are crazy expensive on dealers site, well shocked I was when I had a look.
    Regards,

Jerry

They are lovely items! I wouldn't have know how to identify them from the WW2 RAF eagles without seeing that thread so thank you! And yes, bargains are still to be had, we've had some too over the last few weeks at boot sales and such. Ive found, that sometimes you dont realise you have a bargain until you come home and research the item further, i suppose like your cuff rank eagles.

They are lovely items! I wouldn't have know how to identify them from the WW2 RAF eagles without seeing that thread so thank you! And yes, bargains are still to be had, we've had some too over the last few weeks at boot sales and such. Ive found, that sometimes you dont realise you have a bargain until you come home and research the item further, i suppose like your cuff rank eagles.
    Indeed, the seller had them as a pair of cap eagles in a little antiques center in the middle of no where and I thought odd that they face in two directions and the price was low, so I took a chance as it was no money really and it was only last thing before I went to bed that night that I checked some dealers sites and found out what they were and how much they go for, well chuffed I must say.

So indeed bargains can still be had if you put in the time and are willing to take a chance once in a while.
    Regards,

Jerry

Very nice pieces. Are these your Steve?
    Vicky.....The first two are mine.....the rest I thought I would show as examples, I doubt I would like to pay what these pieces are now worth ! My mother still has piece of "Goss" ware, a WW1 searchlight, still on her mantle piece....I'll get it one day !
    Prost ! Steve.

The fact that the Crestware tank in Oradour's post has HMLS painted on it certainly dates it! Very nice examples guys. Oh and Jerry, well done on the eagles

Quote by oradour View Post
    Vicky.....The first two are mine.....the rest I thought I would show as examples, I doubt I would like to pay what these pieces are now worth ! My mother still has piece of "Goss" ware, a WW1 searchlight, still on her mantle piece....I'll get it one day !
    Prost ! Steve.
    A crested ware battleship recently sold for £130 on an auction site. Ouch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2