Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Crested ware service dress cap

Article about: Picked up yesterday in Tenby, crested ware service dress cap, maker marked Kingsway Art China and for Ryde, the Isle of Wight

Default Crested ware service dress cap

Picked up yesterday in Tenby, crested ware service dress cap, maker marked Kingsway Art China and for Ryde, the Isle of Wight
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crested ware service dress cap   Crested ware service dress cap  

Crested ware service dress cap   Crested ware service dress cap  

Crested ware service dress cap  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

jwp
    ?

nice find Jerry, I also collect WW1 related crested china and have about 15 pieces now including tanks, kit bags and tommy's bunker based on a bruce barnsfather cartoon of the time !,
    John.

Sounds good John. I only have a few pieces, a tank and otherwise just some patriotic plates.

The seller had another which I did not buy, though with hindsight I probably should have, it was a shell with the transfer for Llandaff Cathedral, which is in my home town and it would be hard to find such an inappropriate location to put on one of that type and also somewhat ironic as it was bombed by the Luftwaffe in WWII.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thumbs up

Great to see some Crested China on here. I used to collect it in the 1970s and 80s and have a large boxfull, including tanks, aircraft and battleships. A fascinating area of collecting to study - I'm glad that, although my interests now centre on WWII, I've never yielded to the temptation to 'sell on' my Crested ware.......

Crested ware items are great, I have a couple, an armored car and a battleship, although both are damaged, it does not matter too much to me, although it would to a ceramic collector. Great pick up Jerry. It did'nt come from a book shop by any chance did it?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Crested ware items are great, I have a couple, an armored car and a battleship, although both are damaged, it does not matter too much to me, although it would to a ceramic collector. Great pick up Jerry. It did'nt come from a book shop by any chance did it?
    It did James, next to the Tudor merchants house.
    Regards,

Jerry

Thats a great shop, although i've only ever had an NHSR marked helmet from there. Is it still a death- trap?

Quote by Spitace41 View Post
    Thats a great shop, although i've only ever had an NHSR marked helmet from there. Is it still a death- trap?
    I could not get in pass the doorway, but thankfully the few military items they had were in a display next to the door. They also had some badges and buttons and a few other things, but I just grabbed the china item and went for lunch with the wife and her mother. I'll pop my head in next time I'm down that way.
    Regards,

Jerry

jwp
    ?

New arrival to my collection today, was pleased to get this as the crest is for the village I have worked in for the last 35 years!, in the years collecting these I have not seen a WW1 or other piece with this crest so quite chuffed !!. (sellers pics).
    John.Crested ware service dress capCrested ware service dress capCrested ware service dress cap

Love this one John, I have a few motorcycles and this is just so cool. I was a despatch rider (courier) many years back.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast