Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Days of the Raj!

Article about: We don't have a forum to cover this era, but I wanted to show off this lovely item which came into work last week. So I figured this was about the best place? 1903 Birmingham hallmarked silv

Default Days of the Raj!

We don't have a forum to cover this era, but I wanted to show off this lovely item which came into work last week. So I figured this was about the best place?

1903 Birmingham hallmarked silver!

This officers cross belt just oozes Edwardian quality.

Rajpuntana Rifles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Days of the Raj!   Days of the Raj!  

Days of the Raj!  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

The type used during the period when the beasti Gunga Din would have served ?

Very cool
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Beautiful workmanship, and a period of history that is so under appreciated. Leon.

?

Thanks for showing this Ade; I love Indian Army items, but they seem to be so bloody scarce.
    I presume this officer's dress crossbelt is for the 6th Rajputana Rifles, one of the large regiments created in the 1922 reorganization of the Indian Army.

BobS

kc1
    ?

Not unlike to the cross belt worn by this chap
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attac...-finds-023.jpg

An update to this thread.

I am really pleased to show not one but THREE superb photos of the original owner wearing the very belt featured in the start of this thread. How cool is that! These came to light this week as the rest of the house was cleared. These are now included in the sale.

He was a rather handsome and dashing Officer. I wonder where the tunic and sword went to....???

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Days of the Raj!   Days of the Raj!  

Days of the Raj!  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Really like the quality of items from around this period in time.
    Outstanding, too bad there was not more found.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Very nice belt, you were lucky to find the belt, the pictures just make it even better and thanks for posting it

Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 12-05-2015 at 05:55 PM.