Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic

Article about: Although the 22 type tunics are little regarded and command much lower prices than WW1 vintage uniforms , they are as far as i can tell rare in an originally badged up state . This example i

Default Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic

Although the 22 type tunics are little regarded and command much lower prices than WW1 vintage uniforms , they are as far as i can tell rare in an originally badged up state . This example is one of my earliest pieces in my collection owning for two decades . I havnt researched the man though i think the records are available . So if any one can beat me to ID the Sergt , please do !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic   Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic  

Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic   Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic  

Just reading through some old posts and came across this. Checked the service number printed in the trousers and came up with the following.

Cheers, Tom

Devonshire regt ww1 veteran sergeant 1922 modified 02 tunic

Thanks for doing this Tom.

Rob is a mate of mine and I know he will be chuffed about this.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Sure . Sorry ive been away a bit. Its great to know the individual was an original BEF veteran from November 1914 . My first WW1 related piece i got for my collection and cost me £55 over 20 yrs back

Nice tunic. Leaving aside the monetary value, I would rather own this with the owner's history than a mint unissued wartime dated one that never left the stores.

Very nice tunic,was wondering whether there's a big differance between these "22"s and wartime tunics?.................

Quote by ruddersrangers44 View Post
    Very nice tunic,was wondering whether there's a big differance between these "22"s and wartime tunics?.................
    The biggest differences are in the lining and the label, otherwise they look very similar. These are often used by WWI re eanactors. They continued to be issued into WWII and in some circumstances post WWII was well.

The other big difference is the price, WWI a grand, post 22 £120-150.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

And double pleats under the collar for WW1. 4th pattern 02s only have one pleat. I have also noticed 4th patt 02s (22 pattern?) creeping up in price.

Quote by Anon View Post
    The biggest differences are in the lining and the label, otherwise they look very similar. These are often used by WWI re eanactors. They continued to be issued into WWII and in some circumstances post WWII was well.

The other big difference is the price, WWI a grand, post 22 £120-150.