Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A distant family member

Article about: Hi Guys, I thought that I would write about another family member who served in WW1. I should explain the family relationship here to me. He was a distant, non blood, relative on my Mum's si

Default Re: A distant family member

The internet can surely be a wonderful tool!
    Thanks for sharing this Ade.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Russell, did you know that Robert Grice (George's Dad) Mum was Elizabeth Stevenson? She was my 1st cousin 4x removed. We are all interbred in Ruddington!

Hi Ralph, indeed it is a great thing at times.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No. so that would make Elizabeth Stevenson my great great grandmother right ?

Hi Russell, correct, the family tree goes:

Robert Grice (1818) married to Elizabeth Stevenson (1821-1904) they had:

Robert Grice 1864 married to Berth Waldrem (1866) and in turn their Son was:

George Grice 1897 - 1915. One of their other sons, Robert (1909) being you Grandad.

Here is the 1911 Census return for the family.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A distant family member  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

wow now that is amazing to have to members who are distant relations pure amazing
    ade i see you have become a "just really nice person" now

tom

Hi Tom, it is really exciting!

Russell and I are related through blood by my Great, Great, Great, Great Grandad Joseph Stevenson 1763 - 1823. He is our mutual ancestor.

Cheers, Ade.

wow now that is a great piece of research, isn't it fantastic to just be doing a bit of random googling and come up with a load of info I didn't know and find a relative into the bargain, I was talking to my mum about it earlier and she's really looking forward to seeing the photo's and info.

I must also say having an interest in military history what a fascinating forum you have here too, thanks again Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Russell, did you know that Robert Grice (George's Dad) Mum was Elizabeth Stevenson? We are all interbred in Ruddington!

Hi Ralph, indeed it is a great thing at times.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ah. British hillbillies.

?

WOW! Imagine this, huh?!? How awesome that Russel was able to stumble upon this thread. Thankfully Ade decided to share this stuff!
    Even more incredible is how you 2 were both drawn into research, all because of one family members' service in WW1!! Love it!

Hi Guys, some new records have been made public.

These cover "Soldiers Effects 1901 - 1929".

I have now got a scan of the entry for George. This covers pay he was owed at the time of his death in action in 1915. So £6:10 shillings was sent to his father Robert.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A distant family member  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast