Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A few Adrian helmets

Article about: I’ve always had a bit of a thing for the 1915 Adrian helmet and should have bought a few good examples when they were cheap and readily available but I didn’t and so what I have are helmets

?

Default A few Adrian helmets

I’ve always had a bit of a thing for the 1915 Adrian helmet and should have bought a few good examples when they were cheap and readily available but I didn’t and so what I have are helmets missing bits or with post WWI repaints.

Here’s a medic helmet I bought last weekend, the badge isn’t the original to the helmet as can be seen by the colour and where the original badge prongs were but this one has been there a long time I’d say. The helmet originally had a medic badge fitted as the outline can be seen when the present badge is prized upwards. I took a chance and removed the liner to treat the leather and all prongs survived. The only marking I could find is the liner size.

Tony
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few Adrian helmets   A few Adrian helmets  

A few Adrian helmets   A few Adrian helmets  

A few Adrian helmets  

?

My best example is a Belgian one although I believe there are differences between the WWI and WWII badges and am unsure if my example is 100% pre 1918. It has an ink stamp in the crown for Cie Coloniale and another stamp that looks like C I.

My post 1918 painted French artillery helmet is also a favourite, the liner has a finger missing but at least it’s all original. I was going to try and remove the green paint but will leave it as is, it’s all part of the helmet’s history.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few Adrian helmets   A few Adrian helmets  

?

Here they all are except for another Belgian Adrian I've obviously put somewhere safe and also a pic of the 4 I like best.

Tony

Very nice collection!

What's with the custom painted example?

MAP
    ?

Nice showing and collection

A type of helmet I have yet to delve into (with a couple of exceptions). Some day....
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very nice collection!

What's with the custom painted example?
    That was a rusty old helmet I had painted with with copies of French patriotic posters.

wow tony i am gob smacked ,you have a superb collection ,i have only but three examples of the adrian ,one m15 and two post ww1 ,well done and thank you for taking the time to photograph and share the pictures ,you have given a head gear collector a proper boost late on saturday afternoonA few Adrian helmets

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Nice showing and collection

A type of helmet I have yet to delve into (with a couple of exceptions). Some day....

If you do end up delving be aware of desirable repro badges like Serbian, Russian, Romanian etc. attached to shells. A difference in colour or outline of a different badge underneath or prongs in a different spot than the original ones were.

Tony

?

Thanks James!

That colonial one is a cracker and you have far more than me so I'm the one who's usually gobsmacked.

Here's another I forgot about.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A few Adrian helmets  

?

Nice collection.
    My focus is WW1& WW2 Helmets ,Rifles and Bayonets of those nations that participated in those war but for some reason I have also fallen short on getting one of these to add to my collection.

Semper Fi
    Phil

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast