Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

France..US Army...and black soldiers

Article about: Hello, From an article found this morning and translated from french to english...edifying The difference between the reception of French and segregation imposed by Jim Crow laws in the Unit

CBH
    ?

I never said Canada was perfect , our treatment of Indigenous peoples is almost as bad as America's , almost . Reservations were by design a place used to concentrate native populations in order to let epidemic disease wipe them out . We didn't shoot nearly as many as our friends south off the border did , however we did shoot lots . Newfoundland actually put a bounty on it's local native population . But as for Body count I'm sure our total is a pale comparison to that of the US , with all those calvary charges etc . But I guess US has Kissed and made up with it's native populations , things like Wounded Knee are all forgotten , so glad to hear that .
    Sorry if I take Exception to " American Exceptionilism " I just keep hearing " Master Race " and shit like that is scary .
    Canada isn't perfect , gays and straits Pee in the same toilet , it's hard to buy guns , but that makes it harder to get shoot by them Too !
    Last edited by CBH; 05-03-2016 at 11:06 PM.

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    Donald Trump isn't running for Prime Minster of Canada .

PS Hitler was Elected also
    ??????????????????????????????

?

I don't really know what your problem is lad.
    Precieved insult because of National status is silly.

Canada didn't kill as many Indians simply because Canada didn't have as large an army as the USA.
    Canada's treatment of American Indians was exactly the same as the USA.

You seem to watch to many old movies and have a loose grip on racial realities of the Americas.

I have my grievances with the USA but I am a combat veteran and a patriot and I find the intentional minor national insults extremely annoying as any citizen of the USA except for the left wing liberals that relish feeling guilty for any and all reasons.

CBH
    ?

I would like to apologize if my comments above have caused any hard feelings . Having a bad day and got into argument on-line . This Forum is a Happy Place for me and I don't wish to have anything change that . Sorry Steve and X for taking exception to remarks , and compounding the issue with my own . I hope you will understand and except my apologies .

Quote by CBH View Post
    I would like to apologize if my comments above have caused any hard feelings . Having a bad day and got into argument on-line . This Forum is a Happy Place for me and I don't wish to have anything change that . Sorry Steve and X for taking exception to remarks , and compounding the issue with my own . I hope you will understand and except my apologies .
    It takes a lot for a person to admit when they are out of line and it is especially harder when they have a bad day. I respect that you came back to say this and I'm sure others do as well.

Quote by CBH View Post
    Well done that man!...

?

Quote by CBH View Post
    You are a good man friend.

I understand getting upset and going to a discussions forum we all have our days.

You should be married to an Indian lady who has strong opinions about why you do everything wrong unless she is supervising your every move.

The only good thing about that is that it drives me to drink.

It's nice to see it's all been sorted amicably guys, back in the cupboard with the single malt and cigars it goes.

France..US Army...and black soldiers
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

CBH
    ?

Thank you all for the comments , and kindness expressed . This is a wonderful place where people who will never lay eyes on one another , can become friends and share a hobby that is hard to explain to some people , and offends others . A very special common ground is shared here , I only wish to make friends , not enemies . Thank you all again and I'm sorry if I offended any members . Cheers

?

I feel, and I know I crossed a line with some of my comments, I was also having a bad day...one of those bad days that ex-Soldiers have...no I am not making an excusse.....
    I messed up. and I fell very sorry for it and ashambed... as I should be.. I have been embarrised by my additions to this thread, that it took me a couple of days to reply

So Many members here, from all over the world help and inform.. I have learned a lot, and I hope some of my posts have helped others
    Again, I am sorry CBH and I have a good relationship, at least we did, I hope, he will understand my mistakes.

By the Way, the "Black Soldiers" Name was Brooks, somehwere in this mess I call home, I have more on him.

Take Care
    And Thank you for not tossing me out of this great forum

DEan O
    Canada

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast