Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

French Army Shako

Article about: I wasn't sure where to post this one. But given that it is a design of Shako which pre-dates WW1 and is still in use, I thought it might sit well in here. It is a French Shako of the Ecole S

Default French Army Shako

I wasn't sure where to post this one. But given that it is a design of Shako which pre-dates WW1 and is still in use, I thought it might sit well in here. It is a French Shako of the Ecole Speciale de Saint-Cyr Military Academy. The condition of the helmet is absolutely superb. There are only two or three spots of slight moth damage where the nap of the cloth has gone. All the patent-leather is free from damage, with just slight crazing to the peak. There is a makers stamp inside... ETs J BARRAU - PARIS - 6.8.10 CITE RIVEBIN. It isn't modern - I am reliably informed that the post-war (WW2) helmets have been made with plastic components for quite a while. It certainly looks very impressive!

French Army ShakoFrench Army ShakoFrench Army ShakoFrench Army ShakoFrench Army ShakoFrench Army ShakoFrench Army Shako
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 09-20-2015 at 04:33 PM.

Bloody hell i wondered what had happened to our parrot!...... That's a nice find Steve!....

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Bloody hell i wondered what had happened to our parrot!...... That's a nice find Steve!....
    Its really the wife's feather duster, the parrot got buried. The feathers are actually back-to-front. But when they are on the 'proper' way around they cover the helmet plate.

very nice indeed steve

?

A very nice acquistion. I have always liked these shakos, especially with the plume.

BobS

French flamboyance at it's best! An Excellent find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

a great looker.