Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Fug boots

Article about: Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen I'm not in the habit of promoting websites, but this has to be a deal of a life time me thinks. While not from WW1 these items are incredibly scar

Default Fug boots

Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

I'm not in the habit of promoting websites, but this has to be a deal of a life time me thinks.

While not from WW1 these items are incredibly scarce.

Link: http://tinyurl.com/my5prrp

They are from about 1925, but I have been looking for ages for a pair of these.

Unfortunately my head has over-ruled my heart - I can't justify the expense.

If they were from the war it may be another story....

I have written to Ian and he has stated that they will probably be placed on the market for around GBP3 000.

I would include pictures, but the website says that you have to have express written permission to post them - better to err on the side of caution I suppose.

Cheers
    Tim

Hi Tim..if you feel they are genuine and you get the express permission of your better half..then go for it! Once in a Lifetime? I blew that opportunity years ago when Chained SS daggers were $2500 and walked away to find something better...within 10 minutes the dagger was gone! ....so Im hopeful that my words may be an encouragement to you. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I'd negotiate with him, he only paid 400 pounds for them last week on ebay. They are of a style, but as you say definitely not WW I era and these were made and used in India by the RAF. Frankly what he paid is realistically about the market. He is asking what genuine RFC Fug boots would set you back. WWII RAF High Altitude Flying Boots India Issue Quilted Wollen Uppers Fug Boots | eBay

Larry - my better half is my dog, and after consultation with him he's indicated that as long as I can keep him in bones, he's fine with any prospective purchases...

Aster...thank you for bringing that to my attention. Definitely the same boots.

Not happy about the supposed mark-up I have to say. I know that people have overheads but, well, really?...

I believe the cut-down versions of WW1 vintage would go for about GBP3 000 - the full length - just a tad more.

I'll have to reassess - again thank you.

Cheers

[Edit: Sent him a request for a price reduction - guess we will see what transpires]

[Edit 2: It now seems that they may possibly be on the market for in excess of GBP3 500. Not sure how that is a price reduction.]

[Update: 'They will probably sell to a collector of RAF 1920's era rather than WWI RFC. Unless a WWI Dated picture turns up of course.']
    Last edited by Allegra; 11-15-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Hi Tim,

Nice boots but these are WAYYYY cheaper ......... and warmer

Dan

( sorry, couldn't help it .... )
    Attached Images Attached Images Fug boots 
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Missing the 'F' though.....

Quote by Allegra View Post
    Missing the 'F' though.....
    Is that for 'F'...ugly boots?
    Cheers mate
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Lol

Okey doke - just an update.

They've been on the market for about the last week and half for GBP3 000.

Still shocked from the fact he paid only GBP400.

His museum must be costing him a fortune.

Cheers
    Tim