Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

George Cross miniature medal set

Article about: Hi guys, I picked this set of miniatures up recently and I was wondering what its value is? Unfortunately, the guy I bought them off had no information as to their original owner. Cheers, To

Default George Cross miniature medal set

Hi guys,

I picked this set of miniatures up recently and I was wondering what its value is? Unfortunately, the guy I bought them off had no information as to their original owner.

Cheers,

TomGeorge Cross miniature medal setGeorge Cross miniature medal setGeorge Cross miniature medal setGeorge Cross miniature medal set

I'll pay you whatever you paid for it and shipping as well to send it over my way Seriously though, excellent set of miniatures...Not sure of the value, but they're in great shape for their age. Display them well.

Alex

I want to buy these minis too
    ( i have mini VC and want GC )

Hey igor, I called first dibs!! Haha

of curse ...

my Victoria Cross miniature medals set of Capt. Frederick Barter, Royal Welch Fusiliers
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture George Cross miniature medal set   George Cross miniature medal set  

and few original photos
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture George Cross miniature medal set   George Cross miniature medal set  

George Cross miniature medal set   George Cross miniature medal set  

Quote by Igor Ostapenko View Post
    of curse ...

my Victoria Cross miniature medals set of Capt. Frederick Barter, Royal Welch Fusiliers
    A fantastic group to my favorite regiment, so good with all the pictures as well. I have a picture of him in a book on the RWF. He was a CSM with the 1st battalion at the battle of Festubert and was awarded his VC for an action in which he and 8 men seized and held 500m's of enemy trench and took over 100 prisoners. In that days actions the RWF started the day with 25 officers and 806 other ranks and ending it with 6 officers and 247 men. It was the 2nd of 8 VC's won by the RWF during WWI.

By strange quirk of fate, my next door neighbour was the last Colonel of the Regiment before they were amalgamated in 2006.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

On first photo - St. George cross 3rd class of Fred Barter , receive from Russians ... LG 25.08.1915
    In Regiment Museum - copy of St. George Order, but Fred receive soldiers cross and not worn .
    Cross was in family with mini's and photos , now in my collection

in Regimental Museum
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture George Cross miniature medal set  

My medals

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast