Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Great Grand Father's (mum's side) Australian Boer War

Article about: nice collection, thanks for showing, i havnt see many items from this era

Default Re: Great Grand Father's (mum's side) Australian Boer War

Sorry for the quality, I'll post more after I dismantle the frames without damaging the paper documentation which has stuck in several places.

Regards,

Grant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great Grand Father's (mum's side) Australian Boer War   Great Grand Father's (mum's side) Australian Boer War  

What fantastic historical items you have there, and even better being family items. These are really terrific, anything from the militia forces pre federation are so historically important and you have a really great selection of items here. It is a real tragedy that some were lost to the bush fires but you have far more than most of us could dream about, your family collection is of national importance. Gret stuff, thanks for showing.

Thank you, I intend to donate these with my family's other objects held by the Canberra War Museum.

Kind regards, Grant.

What Dave said x 2.
    magnificent historically significant items. A joy to see.
    Thanks for posting them

Quote by greimers View Post
    Other than the Mess Jackets these all belonged to My Great Grandfathers, William Henry Bond and David James White in addition to two Great Great Uncles , Jim Thompson and Louis Bond (KIA Wilmansrust) Our family had all our family's militaria from the 1850's thru to the second world war. Unfortunately most were lost when the Bushfires of 1949 swept thru Gippsland. These shown, survived simply because they were on loan to a historical society at the time of the fires.
    Great to see all these items from your family's past. Interesting that you have some Bonds in your history, I wonder if they are were relations of mine, also being a Bond.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

James !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bonds came from Wales, throw me some family member names and I'll let you know.

Horse-breeders, held for providing the Kelly Gang with fresh mounts. My Great-grandfather was interviewed over the conversations he had with Ned as a child.

James !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Bonds came from Wales, throw me some family member names and I'll let you know.
    Do you know when they moved to Australia? Prior to the move to Wales in the Mid to late Victorian period my family were from Wellingborough in Northants.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Horse-breeders, held for providing the Kelly Gang with fresh mounts. My Great-grandfather was interviewed over the conversations he had with Ned as a child.
    Believe it or not I have a copy of the 1880 Royal Commission into the Kelly outbreak, If he was interviewed for that I can dig it out and I will be able to tell you word for word what questions he was asked and how he answered.

Awesome stuff guys!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast