Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Great war medals

Article about: Perhaps a good day to start a thread to show our Great War medals and related items. Here is my small collection. Sadly I do not have the medals that my Grandfather would have earned for his

Default Great war medals

Perhaps a good day to start a thread to show our Great War medals and related items. Here is my small collection. Sadly I do not have the medals that my Grandfather would have earned for his service with the Northants regiment.

For anyone who is interested some details of POW's can be found from the Red Cross records, now online.

Prisoners of the First World War | International Committee of the Red Cross - Specify your search criteria
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals   Great war medals  

Great war medals   Great war medals  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Good idea Jerry. I have a few WW1 medals so I have posted them..The MC is a repro I am still working on that 1. Enjoy Cheers Terry Great war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medals

It was all ready on the forum,but I gladly show it again.
    This WM was given to a Belgian agent, a women from my hometown.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals  
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Some groupings;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals   Great war medals  

Great war medals  

cheers
    |<ris

Very nice additions Terry and Kris, thanks for showing them.

Just bought this one fro Pte William Marshall 6597 RWF who first saw action in the Great War at Galipoli. With such a low service number he must have been a pre war soldier and was probably on the reserve.

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Nice one!
    If TR medals had that system of identification too, i guess they would tripple in value!

cheers
    |<ris

I am not a fanatical Belgian medal collector, it's just; they are easyer to find then buttons....
    You'll find them on every fleemarket.
    I usualy get mine from house clearences.
    The only one's I care fore are groupings (or singels) that are to relate to a person.
    I am not sure if it is that hard to find, but I never came across a boxed Yser medal, exept thise one;
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals  

cheers
    |<ris

?

Thank you for that POW Red Cross Site!!!!!

Dean O

?

Here are some of mine all Canadian except one, as you can see I do not have them on display.
    3 Interesting Medals, on is a Victory Medal to a Lad that Joined at 15, he was wounded in 1918 that's when they found out he was under age ..he had Served 3 years by then, Another single to the CE, An American that joined the CEF he was with the Engineers..a common Unit, however this Guy was a Tunnler!! Last is a "pair" however it is one of each Medal to 2 Different Brothers, one was KIA, the other Survived.

And the nice Group at the end is to Surgeon General Jones ( Canadian) He was the "father" of the CAMC Serving as a Surgeon Major in the Boar War

Dean O
    Canada

Great war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medals

Correctly impressed

Great war medals

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast