Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Great war medals

Article about: Perhaps a good day to start a thread to show our Great War medals and related items. Here is my small collection. Sadly I do not have the medals that my Grandfather would have earned for his

Great thread Jerry.

These are my Great Grandfathers service Medals, Fredrick Briggs, 28th Battalion A.I.F. Wounded on 4 separate occasions including a gunshot wound to his face. Born 1875, died 1961, had he not survived I wouldn't be here writing this.Great war medalsGreat war medals
    Last edited by sandgroper; 08-06-2014 at 12:29 PM. Reason: fix typo

?

Dean O loving the QSA on your grouping.... Cheers Terry.

?

Thank you Tango, hard to find a Canadian 3 Bar SA..never mind he was the senior Canadian Medical Officer there.

DEan

Default some of my medals

The grouping of 1520/44655 Pte Barclay James Stewart, Royal Highlanders - and then 103 Coy, Machine Gun Corps. Twice wounded in battle (1915 & 1917). Awarded MM for his actions in April 1917 during the battle of Arras. MM is a replacement.

Great war medals

Grouping of 186181 Spr W Walker, RE. Unable to trace records. The 1914 -15 star is to 15401 Pte P Appleton of the Cheshire regiment. Severely wounded in September 1916, which resulted in him being invalided out of the Army.

Great war medals

Grouping to Mr Carbonnier.

Great war medals

Cased Medaille Militaire

Great war medals

Although several of my own relatives served in WW1, I have never seen their medals or know of their whereabouts. I envy those of you who have such precious momentos.
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 08-07-2014 at 08:25 PM.

jwp
    ?

My grandfather's WW1 pair,
    John.Great war medals

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post

Although several of my own relatives served in WW1, I have never seen their medals or know of their whereabouts. I envy those of you who have such precious momentos.
    Same for me, my Dads dad served with the Northhants Regiment, but I have no idea where his medals ended up, but I hope they are with a family member who cares for them. I have a copy of his attestation papers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals   Great war medals  

Last edited by Jerry B; 08-13-2014 at 08:14 PM. Reason: added info
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Here are my WW I groups so far - these are overviews, generally I have heaps of research and documentation on each group. Somehow they ae all in one post but basically in associated order with each different group.

Capt. Parke 20 Bn CEF, for actions in enemy trenches during a battalion scale raid in feb 1917. I have the war diary account.

Great war medals
    Great war medals
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals   Great war medals  

Great war medals   Great war medals  

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Here are my WW I groups so far - these are overviews, generally I have heaps of research and documentation on each group. Somehow they ae all in one post but basically in associated order with each different group.

Capt. Parke 20 Bn CEF, for actions in enemy trenches during a battalion scale raid in feb 1917. I have the war diary account.
    Stunning groups, great to see them.

I have added another single to my collection, unusually not for one of the Welsh regiments, but the surname was of interest.

British War Medal, Worcester Regiment. 30400 Acting Corporal, L.N. Bond Worcester Reg.

Not seen his mic or any other records yet and it is yet to arrive.
    Regards,

Jerry

Now that's what you call medal collections!

Added another to my collection, yet to arrive and more true to normal for me he is Welsh.

Pte 21129 Williams W, Craigle, Brynrefail, Cwm y Glo is on the Nomination Roll of Officers and Men of the 14th RWF who embarked for France on 1st December 1915.

<Photo> Pte Willie F Williams, Creigle, Brynrefail
    (C&D H 1/1/1916)(not online)

Also photo in Herald Cymreig 11 1 1916
    Cymru 1914 - Tuesday 11th of January, 1916

Times RWF casualty list dated 4 9 1916 has 21129 W F Williams as wounded. I assess these lists as being from around the Mametz Wood action.

Pte William Foulkes Williams. Trio. demobbed 14/3/1919

Medal Roll: 14th Bn, 11th Bn

Thanks to help from others I have a the above info and also he was wounded at least twice more but returned to the front each time.

I also have his picture.
    Attached Images Attached Images Great war medals 
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast