Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Great war medals

Article about: Perhaps a good day to start a thread to show our Great War medals and related items. Here is my small collection. Sadly I do not have the medals that my Grandfather would have earned for his

?

Quote by asterperious View Post
    Here are my WW I groups so far - these are overviews, generally I have heaps of research and documentation on each group. Somehow they ae all in one post but basically in associated order with each different group.

Capt. Parke 20 Bn CEF, for actions in enemy trenches during a battalion scale raid in feb 1917. I have the war diary account.

Attachment 725119
    Attachment 725120
    Excellent groupings there. Have you posted on the their own? As I would love to see them close. Cheers Terry.

Hi Terry,

if you click on the images they will enlarge in a new window. I was planning to post each in a different reply but some how I managedto get them all in one thread

?

Excellent stuff..& thank you for the pictures..I like British & Commonwealth medals.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Anon View Post
    Stunning groups, great to see them.

I have added another single to my collection, unusually not for one of the Welsh regiments, but the surname was of interest.

British War Medal, Worcester Regiment. 30400 Acting Corporal, L.N. Bond Worcester Reg.

Not seen his mic or any other records yet and it is yet to arrive.
    It arrived and I downloaded his MIC from the national archives at Kew.

Interestingly he spent some time with the Chinese Labour Corps, which was fairly commonly done.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals   Great war medals  

Great war medals  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have my Great Grandad Thomas Garners it isn't easy to photo them they are safely in a display case with their original boxes that where sent to him with the medals in with the little sheath for the 2 medals and his name service number and rank are listed around the edge, they were given to me by my grandma (his daughter) and they have never been worn by him.
    Best Regards Matt

On the look out for original ww2 M26 Adrian helmet liner.

?

Great war medalsGreat war medalsGreat war medalsMy modest collection of medals is primarily focused on the Grenadier Guards. These are the only photos I have, and include a 1914 Star & bar trio, and a BWM & VM pair. Also, there is a miniature MC group to Lt. D.H. Riddiford, 1st Battn. Grenadier Guards, that includes a silver engraved photo locket.
    I really wanted a trio to an " Old Contemptible".

BobSGreat war medals

Very nice bob. I forgot I also have a 1914 mini trio. And a memorial scroll for a member of the AIF.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Great war medals   Great war medals  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3