Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

great war miniature british medal set

Article about: picked up this nice little set comprising of the 1914 Star , British War Medal and Victory Medal respectively

Default great war miniature british medal set

picked up this nice little set comprising of the 1914 Star , British War Medal and Victory Medal respectively great war miniature british medal setgreat war miniature british medal set

Default Re: great war miniature british medal set

Hi James, that is a nice little set. Leave the patina to the silver war medal.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great mini trio James, something I have been thinking about adding to my collection, along with a full sized group to a Welch regiment.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

thanks adrian i will leave it be and thanks jerry my great grandfather was a royal welsh fusilier during the great war as we speak im waiting on a period RWF economy cap badge ,my plan is to frame these together with a picture of the man himself i think there's a backlog due to the christmas post great war miniature british medal set

Jerry here's another photograph that might interest you and maybe something to research i think the photo is self explanatory its a copy forwarded from my father enjoy james

great war miniature british medal set

I look forwards to seeing the finished project.

Nice photo. He has a very determinded expression on his face.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

thanks ade ,he was a real character

Quote by col james View Post
    thanks adrian i will leave it be and thanks jerry my great grandfather was a royal welsh fusilier during the great war as we speak im waiting on a period RWF economy cap badge ,my plan is to frame these together with a picture of the man himself i think there's a backlog due to the christmas post great war miniature british medal set
    Great picture James. I have a WWI RWF cap badge in the post as well.

See here for it and other RWF and the Welch regiment badges.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/insig...dges-247695-2/
    Regards,

Jerry

snap ,ha ha we must of read each others minds ,is it true the ww1 period badges were spelt "welsh "and later post ww1 versions" welch" i will have a look at the link you've provided ,thanks james

Quote by col james View Post
    snap ,ha ha we must of read each others minds ,is it true the ww1 period badges were spelt "welsh "and later post ww1 versions" welch" i will have a look at the link you've provided ,thanks james
    Indeed James. The answer to your question is in the other thread, the change to Welch from Welsh coming in 1920.
    Regards,

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast