Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet, gas mask and boots

Article about: I had to travel for work so didn’t get a chance to view these at a local auction before I left so I put in a bid based on the helmet value alone and this is what I won for \\$60. M17 helmet, i

?

Default Re: Helmet, gas mask and boots

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The spring that you speak of inside the carrier is for the filter to rest on, it allows air to be easily drawn into the inlet valve on the base of the filter, if there wasn't a spring, the valve would be pressed against the base of the carrier which would make breathing rather difficult I imagine.
    Thanks for the info Danny, I'll make sure I keep protected.
    Steve.

?

Quote by gel65 View Post
    Very nice helmet they are starting to go up in price now
    I was hoping it would have a badge painted on the front but part of me likes the as worn condition. I have a couple more of these but this has a bit more character to it. As the 100 year anniversary comes around there will be a lot more interest in this stuff and these are great value helmets to pick up.
    Steve.

?

Quote by Joe Sweeney View Post
    The boots are British OR's B5 boots. These regularly go for $1500 to $2000+. If you sell in the UK just add a pound sign.
    I had a look around and couldn't find much for sale so I didn't factor it into my max bid, I am surpised they go for that much but I suppose it was the only useful bit of kit that soldiers came back with (or they were glad to see the back of them). The conditoin of the leather is amazing for thier age and considering that would have had no attention since the war.

Nice pieces !!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2