Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Helmet identification?

Article about: If memory serves me, the Brits punch a number of small holes, near the bail, on helmets that did not pass quality control, and then issued to things like Civil Defense. Could be 1,2 or 3 hol

Default Re: Helmet identification?

If memory serves me, the Brits punch a number of small holes, near the bail, on helmets that did not pass quality control, and then issued to things like Civil Defense. Could be 1,2 or 3 holes depending. The US did things a little different with their M1917s and punched a single 1/2 hole in front visor if it's "reject" helmets and sent them off for training. The hole was to ensure they did not get mixed up with the good helmets that were issued to combat troops.

Russ

?

Maybe the hole was drilled to hang the helmet on a wall for display?

Best Regards,

Andy
    Best Regards,

Andy

[COLOR=#ffa07a]
    [/COLOR][CENTER][COLOR=#ff0000][SIZE=3]URGENTLY LOOKING FOR: 1982 era Argentine military issue goggles. Fravida 109, and "Sanbuee" French lens type
    [/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER]
    [CENTER][COLOR=#ff8c00][SIZE=3]

[/SIZE]Have a look at my 20+ (so far, work in progress) albums for lots of M1's, rare liners and other stuff, including WW2British helmets, Falklands battlefield pickup helmets and let me know what you think!
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]

?

I was wondering to those who have shipped Helmets what is the cost to ship something like this from U.S. Omak, WA. 98841 to Findland Jyväskylä, Keski-Suomi 40100
    Finland 0400217244?. Also the buyer is asking if i would on the customs card put it at $30 and a gift to skip customs?, is that safe to do that?. Sorry first time shipping outside the States.

Thanks Jim

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2