Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners

Article about: I have this one on its way to me, so sellers pics for now, which are pretty good. It is named on the underside of the brim. The condition is pretty good with a high % of its original texture

Default Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners

I have this one on its way to me, so sellers pics for now, which are pretty good. It is named on the underside of the brim. The condition is pretty good with a high % of its original textured paint surviving, along with its liner and chin strap.

It also seems a good time to add this information about the component parts of the liner which debunks the myth that they contained asbestos.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners   Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners  

Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners   Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners  

Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners   Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners  

Last edited by Jerry B; 05-06-2014 at 10:29 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Looks nice. Bugs have chowed on the wool pad but no big deal and anytime you can find a decent complete example is great.

Thanks Nigel, I was pleased to find such a good example for a good price, as I had long wanted a better condition example than the barn find I already own, which is pretty rough and missing all the parts except the shell.
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice lid Jerry!...

?

Good looking helmet Anon, and thanks for posting the info re padding not being asbestos. I am glad now I left mine alone and didn't remove it

Quote by CAnnUK View Post
    Good looking helmet Anon, and thanks for posting the info re padding not being asbestos. I am glad now I left mine alone and didn't remove it
    I only recently found out the info and thought it time to post it here as I know many have been concerned about it being asbestos, it is just degraded cotton wadding.
    Regards,

Jerry

It arrived so some more pics. The naming on the brim is matched by his initials, JHS on the chinstrap. The condition in the main is very good.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners   Helmet steel MKI and information on their liners  

Regards,

Jerry