Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Help Identifying Uniform on Bronze Statue

Article about: Hi All, Not sure if this is the right thread but can anyone help me in identifying the uniform on this bronze statuette that I recently acquired. It looks like turn of the century or WWI per

Default Help Identifying Uniform on Bronze Statue

Hi All,
    Not sure if this is the right thread but can anyone help me in identifying the uniform on this bronze statuette that I recently acquired. It looks like turn of the century or WWI period to me but the head wear has me foxed. Any help would be appreciated.
    Many Thanks
    Andy T
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help Identifying Uniform on Bronze Statue   Help Identifying Uniform on Bronze Statue  

I think somebody stuck a dog dish on his head...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Is the arm cut off, or has it been moulded like that?

Just a guess US Philippines?

The arm is threaded and missing. I am guessing this was once part of a larger piece. That is why I am trying to identify the uniform in order to do some research into it.

Could be but the headgear still doesn't look right when cross referencing with archive photos or uniform text books.

?

Looks like it could be a Royal Navy sailor ashore, wearing the straw " sennett" hat.

BobS

Thank you BobS, it does indeed look like the Sennett hat. Does the uniform correspond to that of a Royal Navy sailor of the period, i.e pre 1920's, do you think?

?

Quote by andytee View Post
    Thank you BobS, it does indeed look like the Sennett hat. Does the uniform correspond to that of a Royal Navy sailor of the period, i.e pre 1920's, do you think?
    I believe those hats were worn in the late 1800's and early 1900's, but the shirt worn, rather than a naval jumper, makes me wonder.
    Certainly, the hats were worn in period.

BobS

Yes, the hat looks right but I agree the tunic looks more army than navy, maybe Royal Marines? Anyway, I am much nearer to identifying this figure than I was earlier, so thanks for your help. Will keep searching and see if I can turn up an exact match. Will post my results if I do.
    Thanks again.

Andy T

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast