Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Henry Allingham

Article about: Just found out some rather sad news, Henry Allingham, the oldest of Britains two remaining ww1 veterans passed away yesterday. BBC NEWS | UK | Oldest WWI veteran dies aged 113 Rest in Peace.

Default Re: Henry Allingham

As the few veterans of the "War To End All Wars" slip away, their significance is unfortunately appreciated only by those of us who have an interest in history. The international media is more interested in covering the sensational events of today created by the insignificant than the historical events and the passing of an age. Henry, thank you for being one of the last to represent your generation.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    As the few veterans of the "War To End All Wars" slip away, their significance is unfortunately appreciated only by those of us who have an interest in history. The international media is more interested in covering the sensational events of today created by the insignificant than the historical events and the passing of an age. Henry, thank you for being one of the last to represent your generation.
    Couldn't agree more.

I offer the words that appear in my signature which are inscribed upon the grave stone of James Thomas Byford McCudden VC.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Very sad to hear ,the world lost a true hero...R.I.P. Henry Allingham

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2