Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?

Article about: Thanks! Annoyed from this ads?  

Default Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?   Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?  

Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?   Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?  

Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?   Hey guys is this a british or usa ww1 helmet?  

US from the chinstrap lug rivets
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Agreed-US and it's a dandy!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice WW1 American lid...far more common that British or Canadian ones...they bring a far lower price than the commonwealth ones

Dean O
    Canada

Thanks everyone!

Very nice lid that. I've noticed the U.S ones go for about half the price the commonwealth ones go for and have considered buying a British-made U.S lid from U.S Ebay. Sometimes even with the postal charges they are cheaper. I was following a beauty last week that went for approx. £74 but the seller wouldn't post overseas. You see some really interesting unit markings on the U.S helmets too.

?

A couple of other signs for spotting the US M17 is the grey felt inside the liner, the stamping on the brim usually includes the letter Z and instead of a red Brodie stamp under the oil cloth there's a black ink stamp.

That one looks a cracker, they're getting much harder to find in such a good condition and at an affordable price.

Tony

Quote by CampX View Post
    Nice WW1 American lid...far more common that British or Canadian ones...they bring a far lower price than the commonwealth ones

Dean O
    Canada
    Really don't do too much ww1. But I have the ww2 us version of this, also british and a candian one. Thanks for the info.

Nice Helmet,but the question is when was that chinstrap added?cos it certainly ain't the original factory issued with the Helmet............

jake is it the differance in colour of the buckle and bails ? nice helmet by the way

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast