Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hill 60 Rifle Stoke

Article about: Hi everyone. Thought id ask for your opinions regarding this rifle butt. I know these can be faked but i'm not sure what to make of this one. Either way, if it does turn out to be a fake it

Default Hill 60 Rifle Stock

Hi everyone. Thought id ask for your opinions regarding this rifle butt. I know these can be faked but i'm not sure what to make of this one. Either way, if it does turn out to be a fake it still makes a nice display piece. I've had it a few years now and thought i should bring it out of its cupboard for opinions.

I know it can be hard to identify which of these are real or fake as everyone is different and subjective to the person who made it (whether that be a veteran or someone in a shed trying to make a few bucks)

Any opinions welcome.

Thanks

Vicky
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hill 60 Rifle Stoke   Hill 60 Rifle Stoke  

Hill 60 Rifle Stoke   Hill 60 Rifle Stoke  

Hill 60 Rifle Stoke   Hill 60 Rifle Stoke  

Hill 60 Rifle Stoke  

Default Re: Hill 60 Rifle Stoke

Nice pieces, I am by far no expert, but the picture "HILL 60" the wood looks odd. In the background behind and in between the letters looks scorched or something.

From Alex

Quote by shortbuss55 View Post
    Nice pieces, I am by far no expert, but the picture "HILL 60" the wood looks odd. In the background behind and in between the letters looks scorched or something.

From Alex
    Thats what i thought. These items are so hard as there are so many modern productions

Looking at it more, to me the wood for the whole piece looks new. But I am no expert. On the positive side, it does look good. You are right that there are just to many reproductions out there floating around.

From Alex

Its an original stock i'm not doubting that. It has all the correct markings etc...The thing i wonder about are the add ons

Ow really? That's good then. hmmmm

From Alex

It may have been made up for display at a Veterans hall
    or 'Legion' as they are called over here.

I like it.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Or perhaps made by a Belgian civilian after the war from battlefield debris. Although historically it all ties in. the KOSBs (Kings Own Scottish Borderers) did fight at Hill 60. The R.R.G could be the guy's initials.

Cheers for the points guys.

Default Re: Hill 60 Rifle Stock

Two brothers were involved in "marking" and Making these items in the early 80's. One brother owned Hill 60, and the other had Hill 62. Neither of them spoke to each other, as there was a family feud. The brother who "owned" hill 60 died a few years ago.. I haven't been back for a number of years, but I can assure you back in the early 80's, these were being knocked up and sold to the "tourist". at rather a lot of money I may add

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast