Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusement

Article about: Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen There's been a couple of interesting auctions on eBay in the last two days. I'm showing here, because the helmet is still live. The helmet...inter

Default Interesting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusement

Good Evening / Morning Ladies and Gentlemen

There's been a couple of interesting auctions on eBay in the last two days. I'm showing here, because the helmet is still live.

The helmet...interesting. A hardshell Spalding US Navy, but missing the skirt. Why do I say interesting? Well apart from the fact that it's quite rare, it's been listed in three different locations.

I first saw it for sale at a starting bid of US$4900 (as a wonderful film quote once said - 'Tell 'im he's dreaming' (The Castle)). It was passed in. It is now for sale for: US$3999 or, when I was getting the photos for this post, US$2999...not quite sure what he's doing - apart from trying to get as much money from it as he can.

Interesting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusementInteresting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusementInteresting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusement

The second is a Flechette. I posted here because the Imperial German forum is still down.

Again - quite (very) rare and I was going to 'slap' a bid on it because it was GBP45 for some time - I foolishly thought it may go for possibly GBP250 or so. When I went to do so......I saw the price....

Have a look at the link and then go to bids and then automatic bids. Me thinks he may have been a tad silly to go that high....

Interesting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusementInteresting Helmet on eBay and a Flechette for your amusement

Search : EXTREMELY RARE WW 1 GERMAN "FLECHETTE" (LITTLE ARROW) DROPPED ON BRITISH TROOPS

Cheers
    Tim

Edit: Removed link - sorry
    Last edited by Allegra; 06-18-2014 at 10:15 AM.