Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF

Article about: I just bought this one from the bay. INTERESTING SILVER WAR MEDAL TO JEWISH ? OFFICER IN THE ROYAL WELSH FUSILIERS MEDAL NAMED TO 124673 GNR.E.ABRAHAM R.A. A FASCINATING RESEARCH PROJECT, EM

Default Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF

I just bought this one from the bay.

INTERESTING SILVER WAR MEDAL TO JEWISH ? OFFICER IN THE ROYAL WELSH FUSILIERS

MEDAL NAMED TO 124673 GNR.E.ABRAHAM R.A.

A FASCINATING RESEARCH PROJECT, EMLYN ABRAHAM ENLISTED IN THE ROYAL WELSH FUSILIERS AS PTE. 18704, HE THEN TRANSFERRED TO THE ARTILLERY AND WENT OVERSEAS WITH THEM IN LATE 1915. HE WAS COMMISSIONED IN TO THE R.W.F. AS A 2nd LIEUT. 06/02/1916

HIS ADDITIONAL MEDAL INDEX CARD SHOWED HE CHANGED HIS NAME TO EMLYN ABRAHAM WILLIAMS (PRESUMABLY TO APPEAR MORE BRITISH) ON 22/12/1930 WHILST SERVING AS A LIEUTENANT IN THE R.A. (T)

I don't have his MIC or any other docs yet.
    Last edited by Jerry B; 10-11-2014 at 12:34 PM.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

His MIC thanks to a member on the RWF forum.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF  
    Regards,

Jerry

Nice one. A shame that sets get broken
    up though.........
    Regards,

Steve.

did he survive Jerry ?.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Nice one. A shame that sets get broken
    up though.........
    Indeed, but perhaps I might be able to find the others, and though unlikely but it does happen.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    did he survive Jerry ?.
    He resigned his first commission after just 7 months I think and I know he was back in the RA in the 30's as an officer again so he survived WWI, but what happened to him in WWII I have yet to find out. If I find out any more about him I'll post it here.
    Regards,

Jerry

The medal arrived today and the seller included photocopies of both his MIC's which is cool as I had one of them but not the 2nd one for him as an officer, though it does not add much to his history, but is good to have it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF   Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF  

Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF  
    Regards,

Jerry

Name: Emlyn Abraham Williams
    Birth Date: 26 Feb 1893
    Date of Registration: Dec 1969
    Age at Death: 76
    Registration district: Cardigan
    Inferred County: Pembrokeshire
    Volume: 8a
    Page: 938
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

1911 Census return
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWF  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Here you go Jerry, something else you may find interesting. A pair of (damaged) binoculars which belonged to Oswald L. L Smith of 9th Battalion, Welsh Regiment. I've looked him up on the medal index as well. These are currently for sale on eBay. sorry about the size of the picture of the bino's, but you will find them under WW1 binoculars. If you find them on eBay, note the date scratched onto the prism housing, and then look at the date on the index card.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Interesting Silver war medal RA/RWFInteresting Silver war medal RA/RWF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast