Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Jersey Militia items

Article about: On the odd occasion that Jersey Militia items turn up here on the Island I do tend to try and pick them up although I am not really a Jersey Militia collector. I have a passing interest and

Default Jersey Militia items

On the odd occasion that Jersey Militia items turn up here on the Island I do tend to try and pick them up although I am not really a Jersey Militia collector. I have a passing interest and my little collection is quite modest in its content with not really any "wow" items to speak of, but it is what it is.
    Anyway, I was recently contacted by a chap who was selling some of his mothers items off. In the lot were these 2 Militia side plates and the pair of Jersey shoulder titles. The Militia left the Island shortly before the start of the German Occupation and was swallowed up into various units of the British armed forces during WW.2 and essentially disbanded. We now have a local TA detachment which is referred to as the Jersey Militia TA unit.
    The plates must date back to well before WW.1 and albeit a small Island not too many turn up these days so I am always happy to pick them up when I see them. I think I have about 7 or 8 pieces of this china ware in total. The shoulder titles I would guess are from the WW.1 period and again reasonably hard to find these days. So all in all, plain basic items of a long disbanded Militia but part of our Islands history. Just though you might like to see them.
    All the best from Jersey,
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jersey Militia items   Jersey Militia items  

Jersey Militia items   Jersey Militia items  

Very nice! I especially like the 2 plates!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Yes, there is something about them that is appealing for sure.
    D

I like them as well, id say a good score

?

Nice acquisition.

Very nice. I do have a soft spot for unit marked ceramics and also in my case cutlery.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.