Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Jo Daviess Honor Roll

Article about: I think this is the most relevant place to post this, please move if necessary. I've recently acquired this book published in 1919 titles "Jo Daviess County honor roll", This book

?

Default Jo Daviess Honor Roll

I think this is the most relevant place to post this, please move if necessary.
    I've recently acquired this book published in 1919 titles "Jo Daviess County honor roll", This book contains photos and a detailed service record of everyone from my home county who served in ww1. At the start of the book they have a section called "our golden boys" which leaved a large paragraph about every soldier from JD who died during their service in ww1, which totaled 28 individuals.
    Following that there's a similar section for women who served as nurses and then leads into the records of everyone who served including a photo of them
    To me this is a deeply personal item as it not only is honoring men and women who served but its people from my Home county and Town who served.
    I included photos of the title page, an example of the "Golden boys" section, and the records of 4 relatives of mine who served and were included in the book.
    As always please let me know what you think below, and let me know if your county or town did a smililar act.

Jo Daviess Honor Roll

Jo Daviess Honor Roll

Jo Daviess Honor Roll

Jo Daviess Honor Roll

Jo Daviess Honor Roll

Jo Daviess Honor Roll
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jo Daviess Honor Roll   Jo Daviess Honor Roll  

Last edited by MAP; 07-07-2020 at 03:47 AM. Reason: Rotated Photo

?

I'm very sorry that some of the photos uploaded sideways, i have no idea how to prevent this from happening or how to fix it

?

If they are by your phone. What I do is open them when I upload to my PC , then open them with PAINT make corrections then save as .jpeg
    It fixes mine that I take with my phone.

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

I read a couple with my head tilted, But when the page with three came up I stopped.
    A nice tribute to those who served. I see several died of the Spanish flu. That took a lot of lives back then.
    Thanks for sharing
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    Last edited by AZPhil; 07-07-2020 at 03:32 AM. Reason: Added comment

?

Thanks for the tip Phil, i'll have to try it out next time I try to upload images

MAP
    ?

Rotated photos.

As Phil said, down load to your PC, then rotate them, make a minor edit, save and then upload in the future. Photos are rotated because your cell phone orientation for the sideway photos is landscape.

Very nice book. Never seen one before.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Wow thanks so much MAP, I really appreciate that