Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!

Article about: Hello - I found this on eBay, and am well-aware of its rarity and, to some extent, its history. WWI JRDC J R D C Canada Jewish Infantry Company Hat Badge Original RARE | eBay. Is this a favo

Default JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!

Hello - I found this currently for sale on eBay, and am well-aware of its rarity and, to some extent, its history. WWI JRDC J R D C Canada Jewish Infantry Company Hat Badge Original RARE | eBay. Is this a favorable price for an example of this insignia in such condition? This link is posted in the body of the sale listing, and is highlighted by some very informed research: Canadian Jewish infantry company WW 1
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!   JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!  

JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!  

Never even seen one before.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

An extremely rare badge if an original, a few sold about 5 years back for circa $1800. Beyond my ability to say if real or not, though I don't like the crappy pics of the reverse and what they show of the lugs.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

They are a rare badge, I do not know the seller, it does look good, however as I have never held one in my hand I cannot say either way.

DEan O
    Canada

I emailed the seller to request better images of the JRDC CEF-1 badge, and the seller obliged by loading clearer images of the item into the listing, especially some of the reverse side focusing on the lugs and surface:JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!JRDC CEF-1: WWI Canadian hat badge for the Jewish infantry Expeditionary Force ON EBAY!

?

I have to say it looks good to me, with that said, I know many of the things to look for on repro Stamped WW1 Canadian badges, I see none of the tell tail signs of "known" repro errors.
    I think the badge is a bit pricey at the asking price.. but with any rare WW1 Canadian badge, it is very hard to tell what someone is willing to pay for it.
    Many badges are down in value over the past few years, including one of the rarest known as the 1st Draft, 92nd Battn. In the 80s it was worth over $5000, the last one I saw sell a couple of years ago was just under $3000.

Sorry this is all I can do to help you out. It all depends on how bad you want it and if your pockets are deep enough.

Dean O
    Canada

?

Just did some research, I have a listing for this badge in 1991 in one of my books, it's value then was $500 either in Pickled Brass or pickled copper

Dean O
    Canada