Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Lest we forget

Article about: I hope that nobody minds, but I have taken the liberty of posting a short piece my daughter was commissioned to write in respect of the rapidly approaching Armistice day remembrance. It shou

Default Lest we forget

I hope that nobody minds, but I have taken the liberty of posting a short piece my daughter was commissioned to write in respect of the rapidly approaching Armistice day remembrance. It should be of particular interest to our Welsh members on the forum. Click on to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Lest we forget

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    I hope that nobody minds, but I have taken the liberty of posting a short piece my daughter was commissioned to write in respect of the rapidly approaching Armistice day remembrance. It should be of particular interest to our Welsh members on the forum. Click on to enlarge.

Cheers,
    Steve.

Lest we forget
    Well done piece.

well written.

Thanks for sharing.

A really sad tale to be honest, it just shows you that the killing never stopped at 1918, the wars end.

What these poor fellows went through is beyond our comprehension.

Three years later and it was still killing people.

May Father and Son Rest In Piece.

Superbly written

I am very proud of my daughter and her writing skills. It was Michelle that encouraged me to write my first book back in 2008, a time when I was desperately ill and undergoing 12 months of severe treatment. They were very dark days indeed. But back to the original topic, and an extract from my new book - and Pte Jack Smallshaw's diary entry. Also a picture of the flag currently flying from my antenna mast. This is appropriate for the impending Armistice service of remembrance next week...

Cheers,
    Steve.

Lest we forgetLest we forget

Wyn Griffiths account of the welsh at mametz wood, in particular his former battalion 15/rwf is a deeply moving account. The updated version edited by Jon Riley, up to mametz and beyond recounts this incident and also when wyn Griffiths sends his own younger brother as a runner from which he never returns, deeply sad.

Well done to your daughter Steve.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.