Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Light Horse photographs

Article about: Superb photographs please post more if possible.

Willie, I was going through a few things this morning and came across an interesting item that may have some relevance to this thread. Sometime back I obtained a small diary originally authored by Trooper P Trapp, 12th Company, 5th LH. Be interested in any reference to this chap you may come across in your relative's records. Rod

Quote by Hawkeye View Post
    Willie, I was going through a few things this morning and came across an interesting item that may have some relevance to this thread. Sometime back I obtained a small diary originally authored by Trooper P Trapp, 12th Company, 5th LH. Be interested in any reference to this chap you may come across in your relative's records. Rod
    Thanks, Rod. I'll see what I can find. There's some information around the house somewhere relating to the Company, Troop etc., that my Great Uncle was in; I just have to find it.
    I'm living in the house that my Great Uncle lived his life in, so all the stuff he brought back is still here since 1919, when he returned home. He never married or had children, and lived with my Grandparents, so it passed on to my Grandad, then to my Dad, so the collection was never split up.

It's always a contoversial issue when family owned wartime collections get divided up among relatives. There's often stories of groups of medals etc., being split up among descendants, but luckily that hasn't happened here.

Cheers, Willie.

Here's a photo of a few machine guns and other equipment.

Light Horse photographs

and some locals.

Light Horse photographs

Cheers, Willie.

Nice mixed pile of MG's.
    Maxims, MG08's and what I think are MG08-15's and M14/17's (the air cooled critters).
    Cool photo's Willie.

Cheers mate

Dave

These seem to be the only other photos in the collection depicting machine guns. They're part of a group of about 30 photos of Turkish forces.
    I would guess at war's end, copies of these would have made their way around the troops as souvenirs.

Light Horse photographs

Light Horse photographs

I haven't identified this stack of equipment yet, so I don't know whether it's machine gun related or not.

Light Horse photographs

Cheers, Willie.

They look like a pile Maxim/MG08 stands. Possibly the stands from the MG's in the previous image (post 83).

More great photo's Willie.

Cheers again mate

Dave

Some more photos of the horses.

Not sure what's going on in this first one.

Light Horse photographs

Light Horse photographs

By the water somewhere, possibly Tiberias.

Light Horse photographs

Cheers, Willie.

Very neat info and pics. Well done. I know its a long shot but nothing from the Canadian 14th Light Horse hidden in any other pictures is there? lol

Quote by lazer4856 View Post
    Very neat info and pics. Well done. I know its a long shot but nothing from the Canadian 14th Light Horse hidden in any other pictures is there? lol
    They seem to be all Australian, Turkish or British. There's some un-identified British troops, as well as Imperial Camel Corps, ASC, London and Sussex troops, and one of a Scottish Battalion.
    But no Canadians have been found as yet. I looked up the 14th. Canadian Light Horse, interesting history.

Cheers, Willie.

Willie, the 14th is local to my small town. Hard and rare to collect but is interesting.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast