Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Looking for info on some Aussie items

Article about: I have 3 items that i'd like to find out more about if anyone can help. 1. Small brown kit bag Aussie but may be WW2 era no markings? any ideas? 2. Leather 1907 Bayonet frog (see PIC for mar

Default Looking for info on some Aussie items

I have 3 items that i'd like to find out more about if anyone can help.
    1. Small brown kit bag Aussie but may be WW2 era no markings? any ideas?
    2. Leather 1907 Bayonet frog (see PIC for markings on rear "JK")
    3. WW1 Swagger Stick missing the end bit, Aussie? 303 Shell is 1913 i think.

Interested in WW1 Diggers

PETE
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for info on some Aussie items   Looking for info on some Aussie items  

?

Default Re: Looking for info on some Aussie items

G'day Mate,

Duffel bag could be post war, could be....I would be thinking Korea, Swagger stick looks like a classic example of trench art and could well be Aussie. Depends on where you got it and if you are able to find out some history on it. Bayonet frog I have no idea on, but there are a few blokes here who are all over this stuff. Reneblacky is a subject matter expert on this and may be able to enlighten you more that I can! I love the swagger stick, a unique item and one to hold on to.

Welcome to the forum!

G'day Pete,
    The frog is definitely patt 15 Aussie made for a 07 bayo -I've seen this inspectors stamp on the rear,the same is also present on my patt 15 water bottle yokes made by W.H Hunter Melbourne- you can faintly see the same inspectors JK stamp here
    Last edited by reneblacky; 11-13-2010 at 09:58 PM. Reason: added photos & text

Thanks Guys, great info. I was hoping my brown bag is WW2 Aussie, oh well. Thx Rene for the Frog info, yes you are the expert

pete

Quote by monochrome View Post
    Thanks Guys, great info. I was hoping my brown bag is WW2 Aussie, oh well. Thx Rene for the Frog info, yes you are the expert

pete
    Naa Pete I,m not the expert, as you should know I only go by what I have

I'm not too sure about the history of my swagger stick from my family, my Grandmother had 3 brothers in the Great War.
    One of them Ted (Edward L Curran) served in the Boer War, was with the 7th Commonwealth Horse i believe and later died at the 2nd Bullecourt in 1917 with the 24th Battalion. See PIC of Ted (top right) Boer War era, not sure what all the uniforms are? Any ideas anyone? 'Military Police' is scribbled on the back of the photo. It looks like he is holding a stick in his right hand.

Attachment 158107

I have scanned PICs of the shells from the trench art swagger stick too to read the markings. 303 Shell looks like "B . 13 VI" other shell (calibre?) "B 11 C"